• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

C&C <=> AD&D (conversion ease)?

BroccoliRage

First Post
C&C to AD&D or any version of D&D is easy. at http://www.dragonsfoot.org the C&C forum has all sorts of information for doing this. C&C is neat because you can easily use all the 3e stuff too. I do it the hard way myself, converting 3e to AD&D. But if you are looking to update your game and not make it as complicated as a d20 game, C&C is the way to go and you'll have a 30 year library to access.

Treebore

First Post
Peter, one of the Troll minions posted that eh thinks he has it fixed. If he is right I hope to see you soon.

The DF board gets a LOT less traffic for C&C now, but if you can't get to the main board it is a good alternative. Plus it is good for all the 1E and 2e stuff you may want to start using again.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Treebore said:
Peter, one of the Troll minions posted that eh thinks he has it fixed. If he is right I hope to see you soon.

Thank you so much :)

[Edit: Nope, it's still not working, but I managed to track down GT's email addy (you know, the FAQ says to contact a site admin, but it didn't tell me how to do it) and send him off a detailed description of the problem. Hopefully, they can nail it down.]

The DF board gets a LOT less traffic for C&C now, but if you can't get to the main board it is a good alternative. Plus it is good for all the 1E and 2e stuff you may want to start using again.

Honestly, I'd rather not post at all than post at DF, but thanks for the suggestion all the same.

Last edited:

RFisher

Explorer
Allandaros said:
Thoughts? Suggestions? Mockery and derision?

No matter what the systems involved, I've always used basically the same methodology for converting: Ignore the stats in the module. Look up/make up stats using the new system for the things described in the text.

Although, when I have run a little C&C, I used monsters straight out of my oAD&D books. I also used the DMG encounter, treasure tables, &c.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads