• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call of Cthulhu d20/Dieties and Demigods Relative Power Levels

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
You forgot Y'Golonac! Where's he at? :mad:

He isn't given stats in CoC d20. In fact, a short paragraph on page 206 is the only place where he is even mentioned.

He is in a picture on page 304 with Eihort, though. It's in the section on Other Dieties and Great Old Ones. Eihort is given stats, but not Y'Golonac... perhaps they meant to include him but had to cut him out at the last moment and decided to keep his picture.

Last edited:

The Traveler

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Looking at my copy of CoC it says that Shub Niggurath is an Intermediate God (Divine Rank 13; same as Yog-Sothoth), CR is higher than Yog-Sothoth though.
Must've been a brain-fart on my part. I had started by sorting the Mythos panthon by CR, and must've just assumed as I was listing their ranks for when I sorted the other gods in. Some of the ranks are supremely wonky on the Mythos gods. For example, Shub-Niggurath is 48, which should put her nearly on par with Azathoth. Likewise Tsathoggua has a significantly higher CR than the other Great Old Ones.
If you wanted to detail the gods by DR/CR then I would suggest that gods of the same divine rank be decided by first level, then hit points.
Yeah, but I'm quickly realizing that some of the special abilities these babies are packing give them an edge over gods they're otherwise equal with. Take annihilating strike for example. That alone bumps Moradin's power up severely.
The top two gods are:

Azathoth
Taiia
Didn't include any from the appendix yet. The fact that one's from a monotheistic cosmology, and another two are from a dualist would probably skew this list a bit.
There are 5 gods of Divine Rank 19. I think Zeus and Re have equal levels, Zeus has more hp. Corellon has more levels than Moradin who may (or may not) have more than Odin?

Zeus
Re
Corellon
Moradin
Odin
Again, it's getting to be very dicey at equal divine rank, the more I look at it. As I think about the special abilities, a lot of these could seriously uneven a playing field if used creatively. This list I made was kind of quick and dirty, and could probably use a more critical eye to the statistics.
Looking at the list I was disappointed to see that Hel and Ptah were mere Intermediate Powers.

It also appears they haven't detailed any Quasi/Hero-deities in the book!?
Yeah, some of the rankings seemed kind of arbitrary, almost as if they were just put in to give a pantheon a more even spread among the categories.

As for quasi/hero-deities, they seemed to just stick those in demigod status (see Imhotep). Lord only knows why.

Aaron L

Hero
You should keep at it and refine it, I for one find it fascinating having a list of Who's Who Among the Mighty of the Multiverse.

One of my friends wants to have fights between the gods with the D&Dg rules just for fun. I'm trying to think up tournament rules for the proceedings :)

Last edited:

The Traveler

First Post
Arani Korden said:
Why is Imhotep (Divine Rank 1, 20th level Expert) ranked so much higher than Hercules (Divine Rank 5, 20th/20th Barbarian/Fighter?)
You're hallucinating. Too many hours in the hookah dens of Coruscant?

*The Traveler hastily hides the edits to the list*

The Traveler

First Post
I guess since we're going to revise the list, we could use some resources.

Here's the Mythos, in order of CR:
Azathoth, 50
Shub-Niggurath, 48
Nyarlathotep, 45
Yog-Sothoth, 45
Tsaoggua, 39
Nodens, 38
Hastur, 37
Cthulhu, 34
Mordiggan, 30
Eihort, 27
Yig, 27
Chaugnar Faugn, 25
Ithaqua, 25
Cthuga, 21
Shudde M'ell, 21
Glaaki, 17
Dagon/Hydra, 14

Now why the hell they couldn't assign CR's to the entries in D&Dg is beyond me, because the Mythos gods get statted out using a version of the salient abilities that are introduced in D&Dg.

I mean, a single common factor between the two, either Divine Rank for CoC or CR for D&Dg would make this so much easier.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads