• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to Arms

Cecil Solomon

First Post
Writers / Brainstormers wanted:

Gamemaster Syndicate is a small gaming company that is planning on making some major advances over the next year. But we’re going to need help making that happen.

One of the projects we are currently recruiting for requires approximately five people to be involved in written brainstorming sessions.

If all goes well, the project will last about a year and result in a number of electronic publications along the same theme. If feasible, hard copy editions will also be printed.

We do not require final copy from writers. You will be expected to provide approximately 2000 words of rough notes a week. We are looking for drafts--stream of conscious material. No research or knowledge of a specific ruleset is required—just imagination and a gamemaster's perspective. You will have a rather strict subject to start with and where you go with it is rather open ended. The project should be rather entertaining for the writers (and a major headache for our editor!)

Expect your work to be heavily edited, discarded, resurrected, reworked, or used outright. About 2-4 weeks after each batch of material is closed we will send out an editted version for additional comments/brainstorming on your part (the results of which is included in the 2000 words).

If interested, or if you would like more information, please email cecils@gmsyndicate.com. Include your compensation requirements (ie, what sort of payment you expect--I'll be honest, I have only a vague idea how to compensate developers for this sort of work. I think multiple inputs will be more successful than a single individual for this project but have not tried to coordinate such a collaborative effort before.). Coordination and brainstorming will be conducted through a closed yahoo group. Unpublished writers as well as seasoned professionals are more than welcome for this project.

Constructive comments from anyone who has worked on similar collaborative projects in the past are more than welcome.

Cecil Solomon

First Post
Mighty Halfling,
Sorry, I thought that I had replied to everyone. Obviously, I missed at least one person. I'll dig through my emails Friday night and ensure that I get back in touch with everyone.

yavftm

First Post
I have also sent you an email. I think what you guys are trying to do sounds really cool.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Charles

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads