• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling on All Dragon Enthusiasts!!!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
This gets my vote...I used him once, in a 1st Edition game(long time ago). The players were a well-experienced lot, that love killing dragons.

Until they met him. :] :] :]

Between his special breaths...let's say...they had to run the hell out, of his cave...fast.
xmanii said:
Dragotha.

Agamon

Adventurer
Lockheed was in TSR's MSH game, does he count? ;)

Dragotha is cool, the AoW version is, anyway.

Icingdeath is memorable. So is Cyan Bloodbane.

Tiamat and Bahamat, if they count as dragons and not outsiders/deities.

Chymon, the red dragon from RttToEE was very memorable for my players. :] Ilthane the black dragon from AoW is about to....

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Balagos, the Flying Flame (Faerûn), a red great wyrm.

I like that guy. Strong enough to have an aura of authority, even to level 25 PCs...He's one of the major NPCs in my current epic campaign.

Besides, I LIKE dming EVIL dragons :] and I'm BADD, so...

EDIT:

Forgot the Purple Dragon. But I used a homebrewed version: a prismatic great wyrm.

Finally, does my current PC count: Nepomuk, a very young brass dragon? ;) Most funny PC I played so far.

Last edited:

senodam

First Post
Balagos was very cool, I agree on that one.

However, my favourite was always Daurgothoth- the Dracolich in the Realms who keeps multiple spare bodies on standby. My players had their behinds handed to them by that scary wyrm several times.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm with Nepomuk; I want to vote for my PC! :cool:

If that's not an option I'd propose his great-grandfater Tamarand the Gold Dragonlord. Tamarand has been in the Forgotten Realms since 2e and since he had to put down the previous King of Justice, Lareth, during the Year of Rogue Dragons, he's a shoe-in to succeed him as the new King of Justice for all Faerun. He's the man! er dragon! :D

00Machado

First Post
Let's see. I think Dragotha deserves to make the list for moving from module obscurity to the Age of Worms.

I think Khisanth and Skye from Dragonlance are both cool, and would give the edge to Khisanth because in terms of the game experience, fighting a dragon in the ruins at lower level is cooler than fighting one at the High Clerists tower.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
If Tolkienian dragons are allowed, I nominate Glaurung, the first dragon of Middle Earth. Maybe he can't fly, but he's awfully sadistic...

Kelek72

First Post
Flame is way cool.

Also, the red dragon from Azure Bonds was very memorable.

The dracolich that pinned Elminster in a cavern in Spellfire was awesome. (When Shandril first used her powers)

The blue dracolich from The Siege by Troy Denning is a very cool character as well.

Sorry I suck with names!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads