• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Planner Deluxe?

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Hi folks!

Should I buy CPDeluxe? I think it contains all three earlier fantasy CPs, but it's not clear from the ad copy. Sure, it's a deal - recent coupon is half off! - but I just bought the CP1 so I'm a little wary.

Has anyone used it? Was it helpful? Has anyone used it more than once?

Please note: I like everything I've bought from RA and Phil Reed, too.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Ketjak said:
Hi folks!

Should I buy CPDeluxe? I think it contains all three earlier fantasy CPs, but it's not clear from the ad copy. Sure, it's a deal - recent coupon is half off! - but I just bought the CP1 so I'm a little wary.

I have all three Campaign Planners and the Deluxe version (Thanks Phil!).

I get more use out of the fillable forms version of 1, 2, and 3 than CPD, the fillable forms are just way too useful! That said I like CPD as well, but since I have the fillable versions I use them. Some of the forms see use every session, others every scenario, some once in a campaign, and others never at all. (I don't use Psionics for example.)

If you are intending to print them out and use them then I would recommend getting CPD, if you plan on filling them out on your computer and printing them out after they have been filled then get CP 2 and 3 as well. CP2 may see the most use out of the three, at least in my game.

The Auld Grump

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
TheAuldGrump said:
If you are intending to print them out and use them then I would recommend getting CPD, if you plan on filling them out on your computer and printing them out after they have been filled then get CP 2 and 3 as well.

Exactly. This is exactly why CPD was put together -- people that want the forms fillable pages should stick to buying the three single PDFs. You get the exact same material.

Aus_Snow

First Post
philreed said:
people that want the forms fillable pages should stick to buying the three single PDFs. You get the exact same material.
. . . which - thanks to this good person's advice - was what I did. Glad about that decision too, I am. :)

I highly recommend them.

Ketjak said:
Hi folks!

Yes, buy it if you don't have all three already. It doesn't have the fillable forms (as The Auld Grump mentioned), but if you are going to be printing them out and then filling them in by hand (which is what I do), by all means, get it! It's been a great help in organizing and planning my game.

shaylon

First Post
I am not familiar with this product, but you have piqued my curiosity. Phil, did you create this? Can I get a product link?

Thanks
-Shay

Edit: NM Phil. I checked out the DTRPG link in your sig and found them. These look awesome! I am buying all three instead of the compilation because I think I would like the Fillable Forms feature. Very reasonable prices.

Last edited:

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
shaylon said:
Edit: NM Phil. I checked out the DTRPG link in your sig and found them. These look awesome! I am buying all three instead of the compilation because I think I would like the Fillable Forms feature. Very reasonable prices.

Thanks. Some important information:

A print version of Campaign Planner Deluxe is available at RPGNow. Exact same price as the PDF.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=4702&SRC=EnWorld

Campaign Planners are available for Modern, Future, and M&M Superlink. Also, Green Ronin just released a Blue Rose Narrator's Journal produced by Ronin Arts -- the same product concept but designed for Blue Rose games.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
It's been a great help in organizing and planning my game.

That's good to hear! I think the Campaign Planners see more use in campaigns than any other PDFs I've created.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
The print version might make a very nice gift for a young DM who is just starting out. Goodness knows that I would have found it useful when I was a sprout!

The Auld Grump

Remove ads