Campaigns based off fantasy books?

Erithrius

First Post
I'm trying to find out if there is a compendium of campaigns based off fantasy books or anything similar to that. I had an idea earlier today to maybe do a short campaign based off of Dave Duncan's book Impossible Odds (with MUCH less political intrigue), and doubt I'm the first person to ever think of something like that. Have any of you found campaigns like that, or even run them yourself? If so, I'd like to hear about them. Thanks.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I've never seen a compendium, but it's a great idea. I'd be interested if there's anything like this out there.

And if there's not, sounds like a cool opportunity for someone in publishing to throw together.

The only things that spring to mind as being based off of fantasy novels are the Dragonlance Chronicles series of modules (which really weren't "based" on the books but the books were released first.)

And, of course, the (some say) classic "Dungeonland" adventures based on Lewis Carol's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."

I had the idea, yeeeears ago after reading the "Tao of Pooh", but never put it together (if someone would care to take a swing at it) to create a "twisted nightmarish" version of an adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood of Milne's Winnie the Pooh.

Pooh would be a werebear, Rabbit was a mad wizard polymorphed by one of his failed experiments into a giant talking hare. Eeyore- a depressed unicorn under a curse. Christopher Robin- a ranger NPC with a sincere desire to "help" the party but clueless and inept. Owl was initially an owlbear but then switched him to a dark druid or demonically possessed antagonist, trying to enslave the Hundred acre wood. etc. etc.

Anywho, again, great idea about the compendium. Hope someone else can be more help.
--Steel Dragons

brainstorm

First Post
Erithrius said:
I'm trying to find out if there is a compendium of campaigns based off fantasy books or anything similar to that. I had an idea earlier today to maybe do a short campaign based off of Dave Duncan's book Impossible Odds (with MUCH less political intrigue), and doubt I'm the first person to ever think of something like that. Have any of you found campaigns like that, or even run them yourself? If so, I'd like to hear about them. Thanks.

Dragon or Dungeon magazines used to feature campaign articles based on novels in the 3e days. I remember one based on Terry Brooks' Shannara novels, one on George R R Martin's Song of Fire And Ice, and another based on China Mieville's world, though I forget what that's called.

Remove ads