• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Campaigns beyond level 20

off duty ninja

First Post
I'm a gm for a group that's been playing together for almost 5 years now. We've had several campaigns with several characters. One campaign has run the longest. Each character is level 25+.. Any ideas to keep it interesting? The bestiary only has so much. I'm to the point where I'm creating encounters and beefing them up just to challenge them.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well that's the primary way of doing it (at least how I do it). While not necessarily for 25th level characters there are some resources for high end gaming.

Rite Publishing, for example, offers several products that fit a high level game:

Coloseum Morpheuon is a campaign setting intended for levels 15 - 20+, gladiatorial competition in the Dream Plane. Also check out the Tarnished Souk series of high level, custom built NPCs intended for use with the Coloseum Morpheuon setting.

Haiku of Horror: Autumn Moon Bath House is a ghostly Japanese bath house, 5 floors are completely mapped, includes a mini-adventure with a ghost that comes in varying CR from 6 to 22, and shows how to build a monster for levels above 20th.

101 Variant Monsters - 101 reflavorings of standard Bestiary monsters given a new lease on life with variants.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Well, you could start using the Mythic rules, either for the PCs to make things more interesting to them, or for the DM to make monsters any scarier. It's Paizo's way to make lower level characters interesting or adding onto characters to make them more Epic feeling, though it's very different than the 3x Epic stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't know any Epic stuff for Pathfinder. I know I'm currently writing an Adventure Path, but I'm only planning for it to go to 20. Otherwise, pretty much all of Paizo's APs end well before 20, except for Wrath of the Righteous [You could possibly take some of the Foes from the last book. With the high levels + Mythic, they would probably be somewhat challenging for your group]. Unfortunately, Paizo doesn't seem to like high level stuff. My Council of Thieves character ended the campaign at level 11 and my Legacy of Fire character was 13.

I though some of the later Bestiaries have like Old Ones, like Cthulhu and Hastur and stuff. Not sure which books exactly those are in, but supposedly they're above 20 and could be a challenge for your group.

off duty ninja

First Post
And yes DogMoon, we've added the mythic and everything, but I'd ridiculous at how well they play together. And we've done different APs, and other campaigns, but as a GM I have to do what the group wants mostly. They wanna play what they call the epics lol

Dog Moon

Adventurer
And yes DogMoon, we've added the mythic and everything, but I'd ridiculous at how well they play together. And we've done different APs, and other campaigns, but as a GM I have to do what the group wants mostly. They wanna play what they call the epics lol

I totally understand. I guess my last post was part suggestion, part complaint. :)

I always thought it would be fun to do something epic, but I feel like we're in the minority and I feel like this is why there just isn't a lot out there.

off duty ninja

First Post
There is tons of content within the pathfinder worlds, but not much to exceed the level 20 mark.
Some players don't like making new characters and others always play the same thing. But after five years, it's all we play.

Remove ads