Campaigns in a nutshell. Adventures in a sentence.

aramis erak

Legend
Mordred hates his father and his mother, so starts a rebellion seeking to impose a constitution and democracy.
The first insight is when he's dragged into court forcibly by Sir Kay and forced to be acknowledged by a concerned Arthur.
The queen's pissed and the PC's have to talk her down from having Lancelot end Arthur for his infidelity.
Lancelot and Kay impose a quest upon the PCs to "educate" Mordred in the arts of Chivalry...
Squire Mordred the Absent causes no shortage of problems for the party; repeat several times.
Arthur acknolwedges Mordred as heir; both Mordred and Guinevere go absent.
Mordred reveals Lancelot's lust for Guin... Publicly.
Cue PC's trying to either silence Mordred or stop Lance from shaming them by killing Mordred.
Guin goes missing again, PC's tasked to find her.
Guin comes back with Mordred, and has him baptized... sunday mass watches as he dissolves, being nought but a glamour...
Real Mordred is hiding out with Merlin, PC's have to talk him into parlay with his father.

The Stupidest Mindflayer- The PCs must foil a scheme for world domination hatched by an Invader Zim-esque mindflayer with the minimum intelligence and wisdom scores for its race

Dragons Everywhere- The PCs are from a generically east Asian inspired land. There's metallic dragons everywhere, they're semi divine, part of the heavenly bureaucracy, yadda yadda yadda. That's just a backdrop for the invasion by a neighboring country that's the same sort of thing with the notable exception that their dragons have been swapped out for western/chromatic dragons

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
TERRA ZOO

Earth is actually a several billion year old zoo, with humans being one of the premiere attractions. Those “alien abductions”? Extraterrestrial vets checking the livestock.

So when humanity achieves spaceflight between visits, how will the keepers react to the escape?

fba827

Adventurer
Ghostbusters
The PCs are imbued with a unique ability to see ghosts, and travel through towns investigating /stopping supernatural creatures. They even eventually can have their logo, vehicle, catchphrase, song, and mascot.

This prompted a memory that I may or may not have had.

I recall there being some kind of made-for-tv movie that was supposed to be about three fantasy words existing simultaneously in the same space, so that anything that happened on one affected the other two. I don't think it made it to air or, if it did, I clearly missed it. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
It rings a few bells, but none of them fit perfectly. It seems vaguely reminiscent of The Long Earth, the Eternal Champion, and to a much lesser extent the planet that Escaflowne takes place on

Stewardship- The PCs are caught up in a conflict between two rival groups of nature spirits that control a large forest. The first faction is a group of chaotic fey who introduce (and sometimes remove) different species of plants and animals out of a sense of whimsy. The second faction is a group of biome regulating Inevitables (similar to the Anhydruts from Sandstorm, but for forests instead of deserts) who have a very strict and unbending conception of "the natural order". Both sides try to recruit the PCs to harass and undermine the opposite faction. I'm thinking that either this is a forest that the PCs have to pass through to get somewhere, or else this forest is near the PCs' main area of residence or operations and someone needs to deal with this conflict before it spills over into the surrounding area

Pirates of the Super-Sargasso Sea- While attempting to teleport somewhere the party is intercepted on the Astral Plane by a githyanki vessel whose denizens try to roll them for all their worldly goods

Remove ads