Campaigns in a nutshell. Adventures in a sentence.

Step Right Up And Get Mauled: Encounter. At a festival (or fair or circus or whatever) there is a challenge being held wherein a character can win big money if they fist fight a bear and win.

Last edited:

Obvious Distractions - There are two new supervillains in the city, the fish themed Red Herring, and the autumn themed Fall Guy. These two were set up to distract the heroes from a much bigger crime being perpetrated by the actual villain

Shrek + Quake- The PCs are attacked by giant onions wielding chainsaws and grenade launchers, possibly sent by a deranged botanist or evil druid

Guilt by association- A fiend is conspicuously helpful to some random guy in order to make people think the guy is into black magic or whatever and maybe burn him for witchcraft or whatever

My Little Exalt - A combination of Exalted and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. (I'm not sure whether Celestia would take the place of Sol Invictus or of the Scarlet Empress)

Random Ideas:
*Unseelie Christmas elves
*Jigsaw vs. The Muppets
*What if Francis Drake the pirate and Francis Drake from SETI were the same guy
*Santa Claus versus Frankenstein's Monster because they're both at the north pole
*zombie outbreak on a cruise ship

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
*Santa Claus versus Frankenstein's Monster because they're both at the north pole
Tweak: Ravenloft Santa who, upon meeting and befriending F’s Monster, decided he and those like him would make a better workforce than elves, and starts collecting body parts to make more…

Longspeak

Adventurer
World of Darkness but all modern supernatural beings are fragments of ancient Exalted. Mummies carry the most potential, and the PCs carry the potential of the greatest of their progenitors, A powerful but highly fragmented ancient general.

In the current adventure, they work to stop another possessor of a fragment of the same general, but his memories of the ancient times and modern supernatural events are skewed and he has become an enemy of all they stand for.

SaltheartRPG

Villager
One of the things that I spent a lot of time on was developing adventure seed tables, minor development, and major development tables for use with my BURN 2d6 system. The tables are system agnostic but have genres (pulp era, space opera, myth & magic, and super heroes). I wanted to make it easy just to get moving with an adventure, develop complications as needed, and weave in a campaign arc for multi-session play. There are also 5 narrative starts for each genre just to get things going and to set the scene. Of course, other systems do this too.

Cat and Mouse: A humorously morbid and/or dystopian adventure for Toon. The PCs are toon cats working at a restaurant. The customers are cats and mice, and the tricky part is that unbeknownst to the mice, the restaurant is serving the mouse customers to the cat customers as food. The PCs have to facilitate this (ie. surreptitiously capture the mice) without the mice catching on. The mice are extremely naive but much subterfuge is still required.

Last edited:

Quake Inspired Toon Campaign/Operation Clownterstrike- Monsters have invaded the world using a teleporter powered by a piece of copper, a piece of zinc, and the dread goddess Spud-Tuberrath The Black Potato Of The Produce Aisle With 1000 Eyes. To stop the invasion the PCs must travel to the dimension of the Pretty Good Old Ones and unplug spud from the teleporter. On their way they'll have to face foes such as very angry puddles and giant onions armed with chainsaws and grenade launchers (ogres have chainsaws, onions have chainsaws). Also they'll probably have to fix a roof or something because that nailgun must be for something.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Hoodoo Crew

(For games like Monster of the Week, The Strange, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu and so forth.)

A group of young adults travel the country in their AI-equipped motor home, investigating supernatural phenomena like cryptids and haunting. Their vehicle/home has a compact biochemical lab & IT pod for unraveling mysteries.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases