Campaing PCs made into playable heroes in the D&D Adventure System games

A few days ago I saw at a D&D 5e´s google community that Dan Head had created his daughter’s PC as a playable hero for the board game Temple of Elemental Evil. I think the idea is great and as I have this game I want to adapt the PCs of our current campaign so they can be heroes in this board game also (we will be playing PotA soon so we will be FULL IN into the Elemental Evil story until the end of this year ;D ).

First I thought about using as template all the details and powers of the 5 original heroes of the game, to get new miniatures and customize hero cards and power cards just using the names and images of our campaign´s PCs. This sounds good as it is easy and the game would have our flavor without taking the risk to disrupt the balance of the game by using the original stats and powers from the original heroes.

Then I thought about borrowing the heroes from the other games of the line (Ravenloft, Ashardalon, Drizzt) so I can have more options to choose from as the templates for our own heroes. Each of the Adventure System´s games has 5 heroes so if I could get them all I would have 20 different heroes to chose from. I have read that the 4 games currently available are more or less balanced between them (some persons mentioned that only the heroes of Legends of Drizzt are more powerful than the ones from the other games, but other people disagreed, so I would be willing to consider them all for templates). A problem about this idea is that I only own Temple of the Elemental Evil and none of the other games.

A third option would be to use what I have and whatever I can find as inspiration and make everything from scratch.

I haven't found that WotC has given any official guidelines to make your own heroes for these games. Has anyone else already home-brewed heroes or rules for the D&D Adventure System? Which suggestions would you give me?

Does anyone know if I can find online the details of the hero cards and power cards from the heroes from other games?

If there are previous threads about this subject please let me know, maybe all the questions have already been asked/answered before.

Thank you in advance for your comments!!

Remove ads