Can someone help me with a Tome of Battle tank?

brehobit

Explorer
On two-handed sword:
starwed said:
This I'm not so sure of; you get a lot of damage from your strikes.

You do, but there will exist a fair number of times, mainly at higher level, when you will want to make a full attack rather than a strike. Could be you are out of strikes (if you aren't using the "cheesy" adaptive style feat it happens in longer fights), or that none of your strikes are what you want at the moment (need damage, not DR or healing).

Also at lower level, we find that the strikes run out pretty quick. At that point you want good base damage. In Red Hand of Doom our barbarian/swordsage has run out of strikes twice in part 1. He still does just fine with a 17 STR and a greatsword (when raging in particular). AC kinda sucks (Wis=8!), but there you go.

Mark

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Guess it looks like I want a Crusader or a Warblade? Any good maneuvers? I did see a few add ins of Stone Dragon were there any others?

Should I multiclass as fighter? or cleric? or a PrC?

Well I do have stats: (32 point buy) 16, 14,14, 12, 10, 10 and my 300 gold at second level.

(thanks to the above posters they have been really great)

Seeten

First Post
Crusaders can also cure moderate and cure critical themself by whacking people in the face, for several straight rounds, letting the cleric contribute to the fight. Crusaders rule. RULE.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I saw something and it sparked my interest: Warblade/Wizard/Jade Phoenix Mage. Would a Crusader/Cleric (of war and healing) mostly cause the dm has nerfed the good domains(travel). I think the battle mage and battle healer are great.

Which would be better? I am a to fill the tank position on the team. So I could go for offensive or defensive.

Any thoughts?(Most WotC books are open to use.)

Remove ads