Canada

Bullgrit

Adventurer
My 3rd-grader is doing a report on Canada. He's drawn a map of the country and its territories, and painted a flag. To present his report he needs to do something like wear some national clothing or present some national food.

I know there are a good number of Canadians here on ENWorld, so I thought I should ask y'all: What is some traditional Canadian clothing? What is some traditional Canadian food?

When my older son did this report in 3rd grade, his report was on Vietnam, so it was easier to identify national dress and food. But Canada? We can't find/think of anything that stands out as obviously, traditionally "Canadian".

Bullgrit

Dungeoneer

First Post
A tuque!

canadian-olympic-team-pom-pom-toque-20-cdn.jpg

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Umbran said:
But you know, Google is your friend
Nope. Google is a computer program. ENWorlders are my friends. :) It's more fun to ask friends.

But that wiki article is good. Thanks.

Bullgrit

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nope. Google is a computer program.

Actually, Google is a huge corporation, with more information and influence than it knows what to do with.

You want it to be your friend, don't you? I mean, you don't want it to be your *enemy*, and the only way to be sure it isn't that is to be its friend....

The Google is your friend. Trust the Google. And keep your laser handy.

:p

Nagol

Unimportant
Canada has a lot of regional disparities and doesn't have a strong identity expressed as food or clothing that goes coast-to-coast-to-coast.

Toques, flannel shirts, and parkas are the stereotypical/caricature clothing.

Poutine, moose burgers, and maple syrup/sugar would be the stereotypical/caricature food.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, Google is a huge corporation, with more information and influence than it knows what to do with.

You want it to be your friend, don't you? I mean, you don't want it to be your *enemy*, and the only way to be sure it isn't that is to be its friend....

The Google is your friend. Trust the Google. And keep your laser handy.

:p

Citizen Um-B-RAN 3, you are dispensing information beyond the clearance of Bull-G-RIT 4 and yourself. Both of you are hereby requested to please report to your closest IntSec Office for brainscrubbing.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Remove ads