• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cancellation of Heroscape

Treebore

First Post
Hasbro/WOTC are really working to save me money by not offering anything I want to buy.

Bummer, I really like Heroscape.

Skeld

First Post
I can't say I've surprised; this has been coming for a while.

TRU, Target, and most Walmarts dropped the line. It got moved to WotC (who produced a competing product). It got rebranded from its own "setting" (so to speak) to D&D. And it feels like its bee trickling away ever since.

I guess I'll pick up the last few sets I don't own.

-Skeld

JustKim

First Post
I bought one of the Heroscape sets a few years ago and didn't really get the appeal, it was pretty expensive and seemed to take a lot of setup. Can you explain what I'm missing?

Dausuul

Legend
This surprises me, as I figured this was their DDM replacement.

Yeah... I guess it's a bit of D&D-centrism. Like you, I figured D&D minis were being introduced to Heroscape as an experiment aimed at reviving DDM. It never occurred to me that it was the other way around and DDM was supposed to revive Heroscape.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
Boo.

It kind of seemed like WotC never quite knew what to do with it.

As others have said, I can't be too surprised given the weird shifts in marketing the line has taken over the last two or three years. You assume it's not selling, but you wonder at the chicken or egg question - did the move out of big box stores, move from Hasbro to WotC, re-branding to D&D - cause the lack of sales, or were they the effect of lack of sales?

And while the Marvel ship sailed long, long ago, further super hero expansion packs would have been so cool.

pawsplay

Hero
Argh! I've heard nothing but good things abot it, and I think the figures are fun looking. If I had the cash I would buy one of everything, right now.

Remove ads