• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CannonBall Special

Drowbane

First Post
Primitive Screwhead said:
But doesn't work if the halfing is not a jumper. Technically all an Aid Another does is add a +2 to the jump check, which equates to an additional 2' of distance! :(

Can't see any Orc wasting a readied action on that unless you either add in that the action replaces the need for the 20' running start..or make the Aid Another bonus much higher.

Very true on both counts. Personally, I prefer the Ballista Throw version.

Eh, I am a fan of my version... :)

But seriously, it takes into account the potential for a Huge creature throwing a human, whereas 'Ballista Throw' doesn't appear to. 'Fling Ally' is a child of 'need a feat to wipe your nose' mentality, and the Aid Other/Jump check doesn't answer the question of flinging a non-willing target.

Of the 4 options, Aid Other/Jump check is the simplist to use and probably would work for 90% of the situations that come up in play.

Storyteller01

First Post
Prefer MGP's method. The thrower makes an Str check vs DC 10. You subtract 10 from the result (20 if you don't make it). Modifiers are added due to differences in size.

The surplus (or penalty) is added to the throwee's jump check. There's no limit to distance based on height.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads