D&D 5E Cantrip nerf (house rule brainstorm)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
(I guess early Harry Dresden carried a gun)
Not just early, he uses a gun in the newest book, too. Murph uses a rocket launcher, too, not that it's relevant to wizards. It's just fun. I won't spoil anything more than that, for anyone who might happen to be catching up on the series.

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
Not just early, he uses a gun in the newest book, too. Murph uses a rocket launcher, too, not that it's relevant to wizards. It's just fun. I won't spoil anything more than that, for anyone who might happen to be catching up on the series.
I just finished peace talks and for a few novels he has been more magical I guess it makes sense for battle front for those to be true.

doctorbadwolf

I just finished peace talks and for a few novels he has been more magical I guess it makes sense for battle front for those to be true.
Fair, yeah, he didn't use a pistol as much for a few books. I reread the whole series before reading Peace Talks and Battle Front, so my perception of things is skewed by that.

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
Fair, yeah, he didn't use a pistol as much for a few books. I reread the whole series before reading Peace Talks and Battle Front, so my perception of things is skewed by that.
I actually ran a 4e Dresden like game with the white counsel and the vampire courts... just with some sanding down some concepts (like we had a sword mage who was the summer squire, and a paliden that was a”knight errant” under the knights of the cross, and our two wizards (white court) were artificer and warlock)

doctorbadwolf

I actually ran a 4e Dresden like game with the white counsel and the vampire courts... just with some sanding down some concepts (like we had a sword mage who was the summer squire, and a paliden that was a”knight errant” under the knights of the cross, and our two wizards (white court) were artificer and warlock)
Nice!
I’m currently building a game that has some similar concepts to the Dresden Files, but with a more optimistic view of people, and very different world-building, esp above the “street view” level.

Remove ads