Free Captivating Traps - OptionalRule

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Thank you for this! I'm thinking of finishing running Tomb of Annihilation once my group can game again in-person. I've had months to think about ways to change things in the last chapter(s) to our tastes, and rethinking the traps will be part of that.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I like your thoughts about tying it into the plot as well.

As a side note, the setting difficulty section is somewhat out of sync with the Traps Revisited section in Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

OptionalRule

Adventurer
I like your thoughts about tying it into the plot as well.

As a side note, the setting difficulty section is somewhat out of sync with the Traps Revisited section in Xanathar's Guide to Everything.
Thanks. I felt like Xanathar was needlessly complex myself, so I use this simpler system and it seems to work for me. CR seems an easily enough guideline for me.

OptionalRule

Adventurer
Thank you for this! I'm thinking of finishing running Tomb of Annihilation once my group can game again in-person. I've had months to think about ways to change things in the last chapter(s) to our tastes, and rethinking the traps will be part of that.
This is one of the kinds of modules I had in mind when I wrote this. I have read it but not run it yet. It's hard to get around to running on the modules between that and my own homebrew but eventually I likely will.

Remove ads