Carrying capacity: Too generous?

docdoom77

First Post
I think, when you get the chance, you need to really look at the numbers I posted.

Also, IMHO if you have a Human with STR 1 or 2, you CHOSE to be "Crippled" as you put it. However, I don't think you're looking at it clearly. Seriously. If 3 is Baseline and 4 is Average, you've Chosen to to be the 90 lb. weakling or the decrepit old man, etc.

That aside, technically a STR 2 character at (STR*15) could still have the following without being encumbered:
* Leather Armor (15 lb)
* Longsword (5 lb)
* Small Shield (6 lb)
* Backpack (2 lb)
* 22 lb of gear

OR
* Studded Leather Armor (20 lb)
* Longbow (4 lb)
* Shortsword (2 lb)
* Buckler (1 lb.)
* Backpack (2 lb)
* 21 lb of gear

That's a fairly decent load for a guy that has HALF the STR of the "Average" guy.

However, if you want to look at it that even STR*15 is too low, then I think you should just look at removing granular weight based encumbrance all together since by the RAW if the "Weak" guy with STR 3 can carry around 110 lb of gear unencumbered, its pointless to even track for anything short of asking if you can lift a Horse or if you want every Character to be walking around in Plate Armor and armed to the teeth. JMHO.

And just to reiterate that point. These guys are carrying around all of the stuff COMPLETELY unencumbered. They could carry twice that amount and only suffer a -1 agility.

docdoom77

First Post
Fair enough; you've convinced me!

Awesome. I must say, you do an excellent job of listening and taking our thoughts into consideration. I know how hard that can be. I've designed some homebrew games myself and when someone offers criticism, it always takes me a few hours or days, to look at it logically, because it's my baby!

Thanks for letting us babysit!

Khaalis

Adventurer
Thanks Morrus. Like DocDoom says, I thank you for listening. What you are basically letting us do is Playtest and give actual feedback and suggestions, and you Actually listen to what we all have t say and weight it. I've done a lot of Beta Testing in my time in both e-games and P&P games over the years, and I often am left with the feeling of... "Ok, why did they bother to say they wanted testing and comments if they simply flat-out ignored everything the playtest group said." That "other" game being one of the primary perps in that regard, at least before their new upcoming version.

So yeah, again, thanks for wanting to have your stuff playtested and for actually listening to feedback. I look forward to what you actually come up with for the Errata from the suggestions we've thrown out, or if you take just the concept and do something new in the same vein.

Remove ads