Level Up (A5E) Caster Archetypes with Maneuvers

xiphumor

Legend
The Arcane Trickster and Eldritch Knight were awesome subclasses in O5e. Now we have the chance to flip things around! What casters should have “1/3-martial” archetypes?

My main idea so far is a Druid with the Spirited Steed and Tooth and Claw traditions that can use them while wildshaped.

One of the 3rd party products I use has an Arcane Tradition for the wizard called the War Mage that's more melee oriented than most wizards (d8 HD, Armor proficiency, Martial Weapon proficiency, an arcane weapon ability, etc) and I've already started working with the player on integrating some A5E content into it. We decided to go with Razor's Edge and Unending Wheel (based on the player's history) and he's enjoying using them while also casting spells in combat.

In this case I used a base fighter progression starting at 2nd level with a new level of options at ever 3 levels beyond.

So at 2nd level the character has the equivalent to a 1st level fighter, 2nd level fighter at 5th, 3rd level fighter at 8th level, 4th level fighter at 11th level, 5th level fighter at 14th level, 6th level fighter at 17th level, and 7th level fighter at 20th level.

So none of the higher level nor a large selection of maneuvers, but given the character is a full caster in plate armor I felt it was better to limit these options.

Remove ads