• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casting in Armor

taliesin15

First Post
Wait a minute! What about the Armor Proficiency Feats in the 3.0 PHB--"all classes except wizards, sorcerors and monks have this feat for free"--so conceivably, a first lvl wizard in a 3.0 campaign could choose this--right?

shilsen

Adventurer
taliesin15 said:
Wait a minute! What about the Armor Proficiency Feats in the 3.0 PHB--"all classes except wizards, sorcerors and monks have this feat for free"--so conceivably, a first lvl wizard in a 3.0 campaign could choose this--right?
Yes, but being proficient in a type of armor doesn't remove the arcane spell failure chance.

taliesin15

First Post
arcane spell, failure, yes indeed--not to mention other problems like trying to swim with a chain shirt on, and a low strength score to begin with

Archade

Azer Paladin
In Monster Manual IV, there's a feat called Githyanki Battle Caster, that lets a githyanki ignore 10% of spell check failure ...

Thanee

First Post
dema said:
I actually just want the armor to be able to put extra qualities on it. Like Shadow, Silent, Resistance. I think the Twlight Mithral Chain Shirt Armor may do the trick. However, I think some boots and cloaks of elven(halfling) kind may work for me.

They will also be much cheaper. :)

Bye
Thanee

MarkB

Legend
PHB II includes the Twilight armour special ability (page 21). It's a +1-equivalent ability that reduces arcane spell failure by 10%.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads