• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casting While Blind?

Henrix

Explorer
Certainly. The 20% miscast for being blind is because it is difficult to form the right sounds when you cannot hear yourself, but that is not a problem when being blind.
Targettting the spell can be a problem, though.

Or do what Wulf Ratbane's group did to get around that when thier Sorcerer (damned Peck! ;)) failed his Blind save.

Just lemme go find that part of the Story Hour...

Hatchling Dragon

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Magic Missile is an autohit - so who said they had to be targetted?

ergo I can target a magic missile at a target thats behind me (no face rule:)) and it will immediately turn around 180*degrees and hit whoever I want them to! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Mahali

Explorer
Even with Magic Missle you still need to target the opponent.

By a strict reading of the rules you wouldn't even be able to target them unless you consider pinpointing with a listen check targeting.

Mahali

Explorer
If you're used to being blind or have an organized spell pouch sure.

Not too far off the same way blind people handle paper money today.

Dakhran the Dark

First Post
Well, you can always target by touch, even when blind...

Also, one of my players used a crafty solution to the problem during one major battle awhile ago. They were fighting green slaadi with sorcerer levels and magical staffs, and each staff had a unique appearance about it. When one of the slaadi cast Blind on the party cleric, the cleric used Locate Object to determine the location of that slaad's staff, and then used that information to target a Spiritual Weapon spell down upon it's beany little head...

Remove ads