• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castles and Crusades for 55 dollars???

Huw

First Post
boerngrim said:
Some LGS are decidedly of the UNFRIENDLY variety.

Some are friendly, but have unfriendly (or plain crazy) management. My FLGS is Forbidden Planet. The other day I was in there, and saw they had MM V early. Brilliant!

But then I saw the price - £24.99, which is close to $50. Some mistake surely, I tell the staff. No, they say, we found a distributor direct from the States, and we're charging a premium because we've got it before anyone else in the UK :confused:

I should explain that Forbidden Planet is a chain of comics' and collectibles' shops, so normally getting something before the rest of the country would command a premium, because it would sell out before the standard release - if, indeed, there is a standard release. MM V is hardly a limited edition.

The staff know the RPG business, but their management, who pulled off this early release "coup", don't. The staff were embarassed and apologetic, but nonetheless I got my MM V from Amazon.

Treebore

First Post
Scribble said:
Well, when I'm in there next I most likely will...

I was just wondering if it was some sort of special edition that they released (akin to the "leatherbound" D&D stuff...) that I was out of the loop about.

They do have leatherettes, but even those are on sale for $20.00 right now. Printing 2.5 of the PH and second printing of the M&T.

starwed

First Post
I saw a dvd of Rushore priced at 50$ at a bookstore once; turned out it was just mislabeled.

Perhaps that's what happened here; it's just mispriced.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads