Castles

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Castle-books...

Hi there,

another game-system, but the "Compendium of Weapons, Armor & Castles" sold by Palladiumbooks is held very general and gives a lot of types of keeps along with drawings, floor-sketches etc.
Perhaps this might help?

Dougal DeKree, Gnome Illusionist and "Magic-Weapons-Seller" :cool:

ninthcouncil

First Post
The Harn books "Castles of Harn" and "Castles of Orbaal" (from Colombia Games) both contain some good plans of castles of various sizes (one of the Orbaal ones is REALLY tiny, if you want to be cruel). These have the advantages of being designed for an RPG - castle plans from the real world are often a bit difficult to work with, especially as they tend to be (a) ruined or (b) big, famous castles, like Dover. Trust me, you don't want to give a character Dover Castle. You also get plans of the local village in the Harn books, so he will have some peasants to abuse/protect, whichever is his inclination.

The "Castles & Keeps" .PDF available from RPG Now has some decent plans, but all the castles are a bit larger than I'd want to give a player. But them I'm mean like that.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Wow, I'd like to thank everyone for their help, but especially ninthcouncil for pointing me towards "Castles & Keeps" from darkfuries.com. This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. It's a great resource... and for five bucks, I'm loving it.

I looked at the old TSR castle download thing, and although I'm sure it WOULD have been really helpful, that gif is just way too small to make out any damn detail. Shameful.

At any rate, thanks again ninthcouncil.

A2Z

Explorer
DarwinofMind said:
Isn't WOTC planning to do some Stonghold book sometime this year or am I out of my bloody tree?
You are out of your bloody tree. ;) However, I think WotC does have something like this planned.

The It's Man

Explorer
Ah, but there's a snag, you see.
Due to bad planning, the hundred and twenty-two thousand miles is in three inch lengths.

So it's not very useful.

Remove ads