Cavelings?

wakedown

Explorer
I just spend about 15-20 minutes Googling and searching through a few books... is anyone aware of any 3e/3.5e or D20 material that updates 1e's Cavelings (introduced in A2 Slaver Stockade module).

Thanks in advance!

wakedown

Explorer
Nope and nope.

Tome had the Cave Fisher (a oldschool favorite) and Echohawk's list was very extensive but no Cavelings yet!

Its not a big deal but I figured there must be some "official" reproduction of them by now!

Voadam

Legend
I vaguely remember the name cavelings, but not anything specific about them. Were they just cave people? Something a hobgoblin had on a chain? I need to look this up now just to remember what they are.

Rhun

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
A2 is one of my favorite modules, but I don't remember "cavelings." Are you sure you don't mean boggles? They've been redone in MM2 and I think ToH.

Cavelings were definitely in A2...Markessa made them by doing bizarre magical experiments upon some of the slaves. None of them were the same, and they all had odd abilities.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I wonder if they're missing because they're all unique and there is no unified statblock for the race. Hmm.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
They aren't in my index because I missed the generic "caveling" stat block on page 32 :heh:. I'll add them to the next update.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The cavelings are basically mutants and most of them aren't much cop in a fight, as I recall, so you may as well just use some sort of generic humanoid stat block (perhaps human, since I think they tend to be human in origin). If you can find any product that has mutations in (I know of Chaositech but there are sure to be others, perhaps free web stuff) you can add a few of those in or just fudge it, if it's just for personal use so to speak.

Remove ads