• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

Ambrus

Explorer
Lying in the shade beneath a hay cart across the street from the garrison, Sandstone is quietly napping when the group first emerges from the public building. Woken by the sound of the engineer's exclamation of surprise, the tawny collie perks up his ears and raises his head to look around groggily. Catching sight of the group on the stairs, the canine rises, yawns widely and shakes himself fully awake. He pads out from beneath the cart and begins wagging his long tail as if in greeting.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia nods at Elyra, missing the subtext about the dog.

"Coins it is, but lets follow up on this missing watchman. So soon after the attack, it seems more than a little strange for one to just vanish like that."

She smiles then as the dog comes over, and she heads over towards it, hand outstretched to give it a pat.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan

Sivan nods. "Coins first, then the watchman." A bit hesitantly he kneels next to the dog. "Good boy, do you remember me?" If 'he' doesn't move away, Sivan will look if he has a bit meat to spare.

Walking down Main Street from the Garrison, the group picks up Market and follows Market to the lower level of Sandpoint, closer to the bayside docks. The closer to the bay the group gets, the stronger the smell of salt air grows and the pitched sounds of seagulls get sharper. A large wooden building bearing a placard denoting it as "The Sandpoint Mercantile League" sits, as Corporal Blackard promised, on the right side of the byway at the corner of Market and Salmon.

Judging by the milleu of folk who congregate on both the outer wrap-around porch and inside the mercantile, the exchange is a gathering spot for arranging for both overland and sea passage as well as a stopping point for messengers. Inside the mercantile, separate counters run by an assortment of clerks offer inquiries into land ownership, building construction, and the founding of new business in Sandpoint proper or in the outer Hinterlands.
[sblock=Tac] Tac is well-versed with the workings of and services offered by the Sandpoint Mercantile League. The League is owned and managed by Sandpoint's four noble families, the Valdemars, Deverins, Kaijitsus, and Scarnettis. The families contract with Sir Jasper Korvaski, a knight of Abadar and himself of the large city of Magnimar, to run the day-to-day operations at the League. Sir Korvaski's romance with Cyrdak Drokkus (director/proprietor of the Sandpoint Theater) is one of Sandpoint's worst-kept secrets. The relationship between Korvaski and Drokkus has angered the Scarnetti family--easily the most conservative family in Sandpoint. The Scarnettis want Korvaski out, and if the local wagger is true, it won't be long until Sir Jasper's services are terminated.

At any rate, Sir Korvaski is almost always found at the Mercantile League and, though formal and somewhat officious, is accessible through the clerk who runs the Land and Title counter within the League.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
The stray collie pads alongside the group as they make their way towards the waterfront; seemingly unconcerned with their intended destination. Arriving at the Mercantile League's building, Sandstone draws somewhat closer to the engineer and follows the man inside the public establishment unless someone blocks him.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Along the way, Tac is in fine form, rattling off information as if he's giving some kind of final exam. A final exam he finds far more interesting than most students do:

"It's actually such a turn of luck that we're going this way," he says, smiling to his cousin as he begins to impart. "The Mercantile League is quite the Sandpoint enterprise. All four noble families come together under it, though of course Sir Korvaski is there to manage the daily issues. Which, actually, is a wonderfully interesting turn all its own.

"Talashia, you'll probably be especially relieved to find out Sir Kovarski won't be repeating that awkward run-in you had with the gentry we met yesterday. You see... well, it's sort of a secret, but it seems everyone knows, so you might as well find out from me, I'd think. Sir Kovarski happens to be romantically linked to Cyrdak Drokkus, the head of Sandpoint's theatre.

"Of course, I guess the Scarnetti family heard the same thing, and I've heard tell poor Sir Kovarski may be on the way out because of it. Shame a body's leisure activities can muck so with one's job. I can't for the life of me work out how off hours frolicking impacts accounting skills."

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan

Sivan nods. "Rather interesting. And that helps us in what way?" He doesn't sound provocative, but if he really is interested in the answer.

Remove ads