D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

OOC: Thanks. I can pull up this page and couple other pages in Playing the Game, but get a database error when I try to view the 5e forum, the OOC, or the bookmark I've got saved on my browser for our RG. No clue why; usually the site is all or nothing. And on my smartphone I can access some of the pages that I can't with my laptop. I r confused. C'est la vie.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: For reference: Guran's attack last round was melee, not thrown:
Elaboration: Guran was close enough to Roscoe that he could attack the "severed hand" that was fastened to Roscoe while still retaining hold on the handaxe, so Guran did it that way.

OOC: That's what I envisioned Guran doing. He made a melee attack with the handaxe. My use of the word "aim" in the post up top is maybe confusing; I can see how that word would make you think I meant a thrown attack. I didn't.

ROUND 3

Initiative:
Roscoe 22
Spec 15
Guran 12
Hands 12
Colden 6
Creatures 5
Fulgrim 4

Roscoe spun around to face east and took a swing at Hand 3. The flat of his short sword fell with a solid thwack against the bony Hand 3, obliterating it. Inside the sarcophagus room, Spec once again called down flame-like radiance on Hand 4, which skittered to the side causing Spec's strike to miss. Guran didn't move for the time being; he cast a look around but neither saw nor heard anymore hands approaching. The only one that remained, to his knowledge, was the one that had clutched at the ceiling and skittered east down the hall. If the sudden flash of light and shriek had anything to do with it, Father Spec was likely being kept busy with Hand 4 inside the room.

Hand 4 waggled long claws at Spec as if taunting the cleric. The hand skittered to the edge of the sarcophagus lid, then leapt at Spec's face. Fetid black claws dug into Spec's cheeks and forehead, dealing 6 points of damage. The hand dropped and fell to the floor at Spec's feet, its claws red with his blood.

Colden continued hauling up Fulgrim, and was able to fully extract the dwarf in four or five mighty pulls on the rope. Fulgrim's feet were unable to find purchase on the opposite wall, but he helped himself by climbing up the rope while Colden pulled. Both Colden and Fulgrim spotted a large green pincer claw at the open air at the bottom of the pit. Finding no purchase, the claw sank beneath the surface of the pool, out of sight. Elsewhere down below, the sound of splashing could be heard.

OOC: Fulgrim cast shield in Round 2, boosting his AC from 15 to 20 until the start of his turn this round. He needed it last round; without it, the pincer attack would have hit. Sadly, Fulgrim is not taller than 5', which is the width of the chute, and so is unable to earn advantage on his Athletic check to climb the rope. Not that it mattered--Colden was able to get Fulgrim all the way out of the pit this round.

End of Round 3, start of Round 4. There is only Hand 4 left that anyone can see, and it is in the 5' square directly to the west of Spec inside the sarcophagus room.

GM:
Hand A
Hand B
Hand 1
Hand 2
Hand 3
Hand 4 FULL UP
Creature FULL UP
Piercers FULL UP

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Guran moves a short way so he can see inside the sarcophagus room. He can't see the "Creature," but he can see the one remaining Hand and the Piercers.

"Get out of there!" he advises. "Don't let them surround you like that. Kill that Hand, then retreat into the hallway and regroup. I'll back up here so you can!"

Guran does not attack this round, but moves west through the hallway, resheathing the handaxe he holds and picking up the other one that he threw at a Hand as he goes.

Last edited:

Remove ads