• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Celebrity cameos

STARP_President

First Post
Does anybody else have famous historical/fantasy/fictional characters appear once in a while in their campaigns? I'm thinking less of having Elminster drop by for a cup of tea and more wild, unpredictable cameos that don't really belong until you think about it.
Most of my cameos are campaign-specific but I do have a recurring character who shows up, eventually, in my campaigns. He's a time/space/reality/dimension traveller, called, unimaginatively, The Traveller, who arrives in a big green box, usually with a 'companion' or two along for ballast. Just because that's not quite obvious enough, every time he appears he appears as a different race or sex, because he 'reincarnates' every time he dies - his personality changes too. The first time he appeared he was played by a guest player and was a rather mild-mannered professorly type, before he was killed and became a tall, athletic woman. He showed up in my current campaign as well, this time as a rather annoying gnome wearing a hat covered in fishing flies, who landed accidentally on my campaign world after misnavigating (he was trying to get to a curry house in London).
That's the closest I really come to a celebrity cameo - it's not actually Dr. Who but someone very much like him. I tend not to run pre-published campaigns so I can't have many cameos there, although in a previous Shadowrun campaign Nadja Daviar showed up (as a voice on the phone).

What about thee?

Crothian

First Post
MY favorite is Talamar, my god of Time...but he's not a god. I use him to help the PCs, frustrate them, ways to comment on what they are doing in game, and just have fun.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
My first PC, an alienist named Klaatu, showed up in a much removed game as "Agent K", who was working with the Keepers in order to keep the Far Realm far. Despite the fact that two of the layers in the game played when Klaatu was around, neither of them got it.

Demiurge out.

D-rock

First Post
In every campain I run I have a character named Captain Jo in it. I will always have him show up in the strangest places.

Corsair

First Post
Shorttooth. A kobold of many colors. He's been a character of mine, and is an NPC in nearly every game I run. He is usually a sorcerer, but he has been everything from a kobold commoner1 to a nigh-epic level archmage.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Crothian said:
MY favorite is Talamar, my god of Time...but he's not a god. I use him to help the PCs, frustrate them, ways to comment on what they are doing in game, and just have fun.

Dungeon_Master.jpg

-Hyp.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
STARP_President said:
Does anybody else have famous historical/fantasy/fictional characters appear once in a while in their campaigns?
Sure, I'm doing two Western campaigns. So far I've had The Earps, The Clantons, The James Gang, Billy the Kid, Geronimo, Curly Bill Brocious, Johnny Ringo, Buffalo Bill Cody, Billy Comstock, P.T. Barnum, Simon Bolivar, General Antonio de Sucre, George Eastman, William Hurst and Los Angeles Mayor James Toberman show up in the campaigns.

And those were just the people who actually lived. I've also had James West, Artemis Gordon, The Cartwrights, The Barkleys, Campion Bond, Captain Nemo and Henry Jeckel in the stories.

Ghostwind

First Post
I have a 14 yr. old noble named Nigel and a cultured half-orc pirate captain named Kruge that tends to show up in all of my campaigns.

The Shaman

First Post
Definitely. The M&M game I'm starting for our tabletop group is populated with both historical and literary figures in the same vein as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Our PbP Modern military game includes several historical figures from the period as well.

Remove ads