Cerulean Seas (Alluria Publishing): Enough Interest for a Campaign?

Aeolius

Adventurer
Alluria Publishing caught my eye with Cerulean Seas, a 300-page undersea supplement for Pathfinder. They caught my eye enough that I downloaded the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and four other Pathfinder PDFs onto my iPad. Now I find myself wondering if there is enough interest to even attempt a recruiting thread for a game I may or may not start in a few months time.

Thoughts?

Mojo_Rat

First Post
I though it looked really neat. but seems expensive for a PDF. though I read they may do a hard cover. but there are a lot of fantastic environments you could do in an underwater game.

Walking Dad

First Post
Alluria Publishing caught my eye with Cerulean Seas, a 300-page undersea supplement for Pathfinder. They caught my eye enough that I downloaded the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and four other Pathfinder PDFs onto my iPad. Now I find myself wondering if there is enough interest to even attempt a recruiting thread for a game I may or may not start in a few months time.

Thoughts?
As a PBP here on EN World? Sounds interesting. Would players need to have access to the supplement or is it mostly background the DM can re-tell and DM stuff?

Mojo_Rat

First Post
Walking Dad said:
As a PBP here on EN World? Sounds interesting. Would players need to have access to the supplement or is it mostly background the DM can re-tell and DM stuff?

someone did a review on paizos site. in think some retakebon ofbthem classes is redone and some new races to make stuff more appropriate forvan all water setting.

I'm pretty keen on getting the Cerulean Seas if they release it in print form; the PDF dropped to $20 but I do 99.9% of my gaming at the table (I do have a buddy trying hard to get me to try some online chat-based gaming using openrpg tho). I'm hoping they'll get a print edition out soon, as it seems to be a much-needed book for a specific niche of fantasy gaming, and the idea of underwater adventuring seems pretty cool (and also very few previous efforts at such have been worthwhile). I did like their Remarkable Races material, though. Anyway, I'd think it was worth doing, and if you were talking PbP I might even be able to consider trying that out, too.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I just noticed that Cerulean Seas now has s a softcover print-to-order option, over at RPGNow; $20 for the PDF, $40 for the hardcopy, $50 for both.

Now, if only I could assimilate knowledge of MapTool overnight. ;)

Remove ads