• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Chainmail] Secrets of Chainmail Revealed (attn Pramas or Nikchik)

Sigma

First Post
Now that chainmail has been canceled, any chance we could hear the story of where you intended it to go? There were rumors about a yuan-ti faction, were they true? What were some cool figures that were in the pipe, but never saw light of day?

Sigma

First Post
A little bump because I'm curious and the people in the know may not have been on the boards when this was on page 1.

BButler

First Post
I don't know for sure, but I'd wager that a good bit of the stuff you want to know is covered by a non-disclosure agreement. We wouldn't want Chris getting himself into contractual trouble.

Of course, I want to hear the dirt, too. :D

Green Knight

First Post
Well, one of the things I heard was that the skirmish game was just supposed to be a teaser. It was only supposed to last 3 months and then there'd be mass combat.

Pramas

Explorer
Sigma said:
Now that chainmail has been canceled, any chance we could hear the story of where you intended it to go? There were rumors about a yuan-ti faction, were they true? What were some cool figures that were in the pipe, but never saw light of day?

Depends on when you are talking about, since plans with Chainmail changed frequently. Originally, the idea was to scale Chainmail up to a real mass battle game. Later, after it was decided to make Chainmail skirmish only, we started to plan out sets. Originally, Set 5 was meant to introduce cavalry, and Set 7 flyers. Still later, it was decided to move flyers up to Set 5 in an effort to get dragons into the game faster.

Yuan-ti were meant to be a faction, yes. They were one of the original ten factions I concepted about three years ago. However, not much work was ever done with them, because the brand manager during the "skirmish phase" was afraid of releasing more than one new faction in a year and drow were slated first.

I hear that many of the cancelled figures are going to be released in boxed sets for the roleplaying market. I hope that's the case, as Set 5 was going to have lots of giants, dragons, and other fun stuff.

Remove ads