D&D 4E Changing saving throws to 4e style DC's - can someone walk me through an example?

MoutonRustique

Explorer
I've had success with just replacing the monster's save with its ability score. For example, if a monster would normally make a Strength save, the PC's roll with bonuses must beat the monster's Strength score. It's certainly not perfectly spot on. But it works very well for a fast and dirty system.

I also use a monster's ability score for contested rolls too, just to cut down on the amount of rolling.
This is extremely efficient in terms of ease of use.

Raith5

Adventurer
Weren't there meant to be conversion documents that would officially cover issues like these to enable conversions/emulations of previous editions? Have these been released?

pukunui

Legend
Weren't there meant to be conversion documents that would officially cover issues like these to enable conversions/emulations of previous editions? Have these been released?
Yes, there were. No, they haven't been released. They got delayed by the jury duty thing. The errata did, too, I believe, so now that that's being worked on, hopefully the conversion documents have moved up on the list.

Remove ads