D&D 4E Changing the Combat Parameters of 4th Edition

Ran2

First Post
Ok... perhaps I can do something... I cannot mail you private here as I am new and private mailing is only when you post 5 messages here... but find me on BGG as Ren2 greetings... or I have to post 3 messages here so I can post a private message... :)

brad-pet

Explorer
Hello, I find these rule changes very interesting. unfortunately I do not see myself playing without the Charater Builder. Has anyone tried to modify it to incorporate these changes? Thank you

Tony Vargas

Legend
Hello, I find these rule changes very interesting. unfortunately I do not see myself playing without the Charater Builder. Has anyone tried to modify it to incorporate these changes? Thank you
@Garthanos is our resident XML whisperer.

The offline CB did let you customize or 'house rule' things a bit. You could remove various things individually or by the book they appeared in, and add custom elements, though it was very clunky.

Yeah, this is really one good reason I simply went on to creating my own system, though it is still pretty close to 4e in a lot of ways. Once you break CB compatibility....

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Well, personally I have created class compendiums for all the classes I am using in my home game. That way each player have a good overview of the available powers for his or her class. As I have them all in Word format, it is quite easy to copy and paste them into any character sheet format you want to use. I have also updated the rule text and all powers with the changes I have made. So far it has been working quite well, and I do not feel I miss the Character Builder as this gives me even more flexibility.

Yeah, I simply wrote out my entire system using OO Writer, with power blocks, etc. I did make a fairly simple character sheet where you can do some basic selections and it will calculate numbers, and then its pretty easy to paste in things like powers. The sheet is in OO Calc. You can find similar things for 4e out there, and its possible to paste in power blocks from the Compendium if you have access to it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases