Chaos Magic/Wild Sorcery

Sydney

First Post
Does anyone else have this supplement? I'm a little confused on how the system for combining multiple effects works.

The example uses only two effects. What if you wanted to create spell that combined three? Or more?

Nice to see that you found it over here from the WotC boards. If you don't get a reply here, you might want to repost in either the D&D Rules forum, or in the D20 Publishers forum. Again, sorry, but I don't have the book myself, so I can't help.

Sam Witt

First Post
Here was my intent when I wrote this:

If you want to put multiple effects into a single spell, determine which of the effects will have the highest DC and add one-half the DC of each additional effect to this to determine the spell's base DC.

So, as an example . . .

You want to create a spell that has raw damage (DC 10), moderate movement (DC 20), and moderate transformation effects (DC 15).

The movement effect has the highest DC at 20. So, you add one half the DC of the transformation effect (15/2, rounded down to 7) and one half the DC of the raw damage effect (10/2, or 5) to the movement effect's DC to get a total base DC of 32.

Clearly a difficult spell to cast, but it could do some pretty interesting things . . .

Hope that helps, cold medicine is making me a little wonky. :)

Sam

Remove ads