Chaosium Announces Upcoming Community Creator Program Called Miskatonic Repository

Chaosium has announced that it will be entering into the realm of digital community generated content, with its Miskatonic Repository program through the OneBookShelf websites. This new program will allow fans and designers to create new settings, scenarios, spells and other content for the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game.
Chaosium is patterning this program off of already successful programs from other publishers like Wizards of the Coast's DM's Guild program, and the Storytellers Vault from White Wolf. Like those programs, there will be style templates and sample stock art available to people wanting to use the Miskatonic Repository. No information on any guidelines to the program are yet available.

This probably explains why C7's contract to do Cthulhu products expires at the end of the month and was not renewed. They will now have to do any future Cthulhu products in this program. I wonder if this is true for all the other companies out there who produce Cthulhu gaming products? Do all their licenses end at the same time as C7's or will not be renewed when they do end?

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
I'm very interested, but the devil (or Elder God) will be in the details.

We'll have the guidelines up soon but if you're familiar with the existing community content for D&D, the Miskatonic Repository follows the same model in terms of revenue split and general rules.

This probably explains why C7's contract to do Cthulhu products expires at the end of the month and was not renewed. They will now have to do any future Cthulhu products in this program. I wonder if this is true for all the other companies out there who produce Cthulhu gaming products? Do all their licenses end at the same time as C7's or will not be renewed when they do end?

The ending of the C7 license is not connected in any way to this announcement. The Miskatonic Repository is a community content program - it's a separate element from Chaosium's existing licensing structure, which carries on unchanged. Licensees won't be required to do their future products through the Miskatonic Repository, they can continue as before (as can new licensees).

Cheers, MOB - Chaosium Inc.

It just looks like the equivalent to the DMs Guild or the Storyteller's Vault to me. It's a good idea, as there seems to be lots of semi-amateur writers of Cthulhu material out there, and so its a good depository for it all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It just looks like the equivalent to the DMs Guild or the Storyteller's Vault to me.

It's is the equivalent of the DM's Guild or the Storyteller's Vault.
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Magistus71

Explorer
It's is the equivalent of the DM's Guild or the Storyteller's Vault.
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Seems to be the current trend to do this. But I like the idea, allows us to see a wider range of things for our favorite games,

The ending of the C7 license is not connected in any way to this announcement. The Miskatonic Repository is a community content program - it's a separate element from Chaosium's existing licensing structure, which carries on unchanged. Licensees won't be required to do their future products through the Miskatonic Repository, they can continue as before (as can new licensees).

Cheers, MOB - Chaosium Inc.

That is cool. Thank you for letting us know that. I was worried all the 3rd party Cthulhu publishers would disappear. :)

AriochQ

Adventurer
As a very sporadic Cthulu GM, this is great news! It is hard to find good one-off adventures for Cthulu, this should solve that problem.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases