Release [Chaosium] Call of Cthulhu Keeper Tips out now in print: A gathering of wisdom, advice, and tips from Keepers for Keepers

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
275326062-2212669975559652-3405613315300909701-n.png

Collected Wisdom on Running Games!​

A gathering of wisdom, advice, and tips from Keepers for Keepers of the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.

Order yours today- USD$17.99, price includes PDF.

This pocket-sized guide to running games of Call of Cthulhu has an old-school black & white interior with a premium leatherette hardcover.
Tips, essays, and contributions from experienced and diverse Call of Cthulhu Keepers, including:
  • Scott David Aniolowski - Call of Cthulhu writer (Malleus Monstrorum, etc.)
  • Sean Branney - H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society
  • Allan Carey - TYPE40, creator of the 'Seeds of Terror' range (Miskatonic Repository)
  • Jason Durall - BRP and RuneQuest creative director
  • Paul Fricker - co-author of Call of Cthulhu 7th edition, co-host Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast
  • Bob Geis - Keeper, You Too Can Cthulhu
  • Lynne Hardy - Call of Cthulhu associate editor, The Children of Fear
  • Bridgett Jeffries - Miskatonic Repository community ambassador, co-host Miskatonic University Podcast, cast member on The Calyx
  • Jo Kreil - Call of Cthulhu writer (The Unspeakable Oath, etc.)
  • David Larkins - author of Berlin the Wicked City, Pendragon line editor
  • Mike Mason - Call of Cthulhu creative director
  • Keris McDonald - Call of Cthulhu writer (Cthulhu by Gaslight, etc.)
  • Mark Morrison - Call of Cthulhu writer (Horror on the Orient Express, Reign of Terror, etc.)
  • Thom Raley - Keeper, Into the Darkness
  • Matthew Sanderson - Call of Cthulhu writer (Grand Grimoire, Dead Light and Other Dark Turns, etc.)
  • Becca Scott - Twitch streamer and Keeper on The Calyx
  • Seth Skorkowsky - Fantasy/horror novelist and YouTube personality
All of the contributors have provided what they consider to be their most useful and insightful advice.Their collected wisdom is aimed to help you get the most out of Call of Cthulhu!
screen-shot-2022-03-12-at-10.52.32-am.png

Available from all five of our fulfilment warehouses:
screen-shot-2022-03-12-at-10.48.27-am.png

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
Chaosium Unveiled checks out Keeper Tips:

What The Critics Say
  • "Regardless of your Keeper/GM style, or whether you’re a newcomer or a veteran in the role, there’s some very useful pearls of wisdom in here – and it’s well worth adding to your RPG bookshelf (or that of any Keeper/GM friends you might have) as a result."— Game On Aus, Keeper Tips reviewed.
  • "Warm encouragement to tell horrible stories in a kindly way. I bloody love it."— Mark Morrison (Horror on the Orient Express, Terror Australis, Reign of Terror, etc).
Available now from all five Chaosium fulfilment warehouses (US, EU, AUS, CAN, UK):
$USD17.99, price includes PDF.

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
291265100-10159951010187556-5361597165923111273-n.jpeg

Our Keeper Tips book, released as part of marking the 40th Anniversary of Call of Cthulhu, is our pocket-sized gathering of wisdom, advice, and tips from Keepers for Keepers.

Here's what reviewers and readers are saying about it:
  • "Warm encouragement to tell horrible stories in a kindly way. I bloody love it." — Mark Morrison (Horror on the Orient Express, Terror Australis, Reign of Terror, etc).
  • "Regardless of your Keeper/GM style, or whether you’re a newcomer or a veteran in the role, there’s some very useful pearls of wisdom in here – and it’s well worth adding to your RPG bookshelf (or that of any Keeper/GM friends you might have) as a result." — Game On Aus.
  • "A great mix of [Keepers] who have been around from the beginning...through the mid-years of the game, all the way up to modern times." — RPG Imaginings.
  • "Absolutely love it. The attractive Keeper Tips book has been a delight to read. There are some wonderful ideas in that book, and despite playing since 1991, I've gained many wonderful ideas. There's always more to learn!" — A.J. (customer review)
  • "Great quality little book, full of useful tips for new keepers and seasoned keepers alike." — Keeper Andy (customer review).
  • "A high-quality piece in a portable handbook format, like a Strunk & White for the horrors... I've been playing CoC for over 30 years and some of this wisdom wasn't immediately evident to me, so I expect others will appreciate the shorter path to sound keeperdom on offer here. Good for the game, good for keepers, good for players, good for the craft. Thank you!" — Ken (customer review).
  • "Useful to anyone that thinks about the art of Cthulhu Keepering, or GMing. It presents statements and angles on the subject in an easy to read, straight forward format. The quotations range from the obvious to profound, provocative and sometimes contradictory. Recommended to anyone who wants to improve their games." — W.E. (customer review).
  • "Loved casually reading thoughts, techniques, experience, and applications of different Keeper and Player styles. As a seasoned (35+ years) gamemaster, I found this book to be exactly what it states it is, I good place to find other perspectives and "wisdom" own the art, yes ART or running an enjoyable game." — A.D. (customer review).
Available now from all five Chaosium fulfilment warehouses (US, EU, AUS, CAN, UK):
$USD17.99, price includes PDF.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases