• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chaosium hinting at something big.

Thourne

Hero
S'okay. I lied. Maggie Simpson did it. šŸ˜Ž
Strangely, I have this very vivid indirect memory of that show's "who shot episode"
I was in 6th grade and our teacher brought in his tv guide and put it into an overhead projector to trace a 6 foot tall poster of Hagman for his personal "Who Shot Jr Party" that week.
Not sure why but that scene is perma-stuck in my brain for many years now.

Aldarc

Legend
200.gif
No, they said Big:
Tom Hanks Piano GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Teo Twawki

Coffee ruminator
Strangely, I have this very vivid indirect memory of that show's "who shot episode"
I was in 6th grade and our teacher brought in his tv guide and put it into an overhead projector to trace a 6 foot tall poster of Hagman for his personal "Who Shot Jr Party" that week.
Not sure why but that scene is perma-stuck in my brain for many years now.
Although I was in a part of the world that Dallas didn't reach, the Husband has vivid memories of Dr Johnny Fever circa 1980. As he grew up, he came to resemble the good Doctor in more ways than just becoming a radio DJ. šŸ˜Ž

It's curious and marvelous what our brains hang on to and send to the surface at random times.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Your husband and overgeeked might be right. I kind of wonder what the demographic is--seems like the Runequest people are really into getting into a Bronze Age mythology, whereas the Pathfinder people want to play D&D with a few tweaks. But I'm sure their marketing department's smarter than me about this stuff.
I think there are plenty of people, especially at this moment, who might like a D&D alternative that has a great world that isn't just a kitchen sink, like Golarion is, and even more people who might like something more approachable and modern than RuneQuest's system.

Honestly, PF2 + Glorantha seems like a really compelling package to me. More gamers need to fear the broo.

MGibster

Legend
I will admit that I really liked some of the adventures from Call of Cthulhu D20 and really wish they'd gotten adapted to standard Call of Cthulhu.
I got 99 prblems with d20 adaptations, but Call of Cthulhu d20 ain't one of 'em. It was an excellent adaptation, it had great advice for running a CoC game, and it was an excellent bridge for people familiar with d20 who wanted to give something else a try. Solid product.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I got 99 prblems with d20 adaptations, but Call of Cthulhu d20 ain't one of 'em. It was an excellent adaptation, it had great advice for running a CoC game, and it was an excellent bridge for people familiar with d20 who wanted to give something else a try. Solid product.
Yeah. Call of Cthulhu d20 wasnā€™t that bad. Itā€™s not my favorite, but it has some stellar advice. If itā€™s d20 Call of Cthulhu or nothing, go with d20 Call of Cthulhu.

Has he tried Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos? It has a Pathfinder edition (as well as 5e and Dark Eye...guess the Germans love their Liebehandwerk)...
Yes, he has a subscription to the Petersen Games stuff. Admittedly, he buys a lot of stuff, but I think he genuinely likes it.

Remove ads