A Time For Heroes And A Time For Adventure!Do you dream of swinging into the temple of an ancient evil on a vine, just in time to kick the forbidden scroll from the hand of the cult leader? Do you yearn to play a character dripping in quips, who can stand on the wing of a steadily ascending bi-plane, and who maybe, MAYBE just happens to Know Kung-Fu? Pulp Cthulhu is the game for you.
Pulp Cthulhu provides brand new rules for psychic powers, sanity, augmented skills, and weird science, as well as tips for Keepers on developing and running pulp-style games. Also, you will find information on “the Pulps” themselves and the 1930s era when America was in the grip of the Great Depression and on the road to World War II. A collection of pulp villains and monsters, and a range of pulp organizations provide the Keeper with a firm basis for running pulp style scenarios and campaigns. Four action-packed scenarios round out the book, getting your Pulp Cthulhu games started with a bang.
The Pulp Cthulhu rules to any setting and time period, enabling Keepers to bring the flavor and action of pulp to the classic 1920s or modern-day eras, as well as anywhere else they see fit.
Pulp Rules and Setting
- 9 chapters of rules and setting information to play pulp adventures in the 1930s.
- Character creation rules to produce thrilling heroes with archetypes and talents.
- Secret pulp organizations to plot with or against across connected scenarios.
- New monsters, items, spells, and psychic powers.
- Optional game rules to pulpify regular play and introduce exciting new options for heroes and Keepers.
The ScenariosPulp Cthulhu contains four scenarios for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition that hurl the heroes into the action!
- The Disintegrator - An incredible and dangerous invention is being sold at a private auction and as the heroes investigate, they may come face to face with the lethal device.
- Waiting for the Hurricane - The heroes are stranded on an island as a dangerous storm bears down upon them and cultists run amok.
- Pandora's Box - A fabled artifact is debuted at a nightclub but is it just a publicity stunt or could it be the real deal?
- Slow Boat to China - A voyage to Shanghai promises rest and relaxation, but an evil intent on controlling powers from beyond ensures this trip will be anything but restful.
"Pulp Cthulhu is a hoot. PCs get amazing Talents, more hit points, and a wider stretch of Luck. But the villains get a boost too and as weird as Mythos monsters are, some of the supervillains are pretty darned strange also...To me, this is an essential Basic Roleplaying RPG set of rules. Get this book and punch the Mythos right in its tentacled face."
— Charles Dunwoody, EN World Review.
Available for $44.99.
Pulp Cthulhu is also available in the following formats:
Play Call of Cthulhu with Roll20!Current Call of Cthulhu titles on Roll20 include:
- Call of Cthulhu Starter Set - $24.99
- Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules (inc. 'The Haunting' scenario) - FREE
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook - $54.95
- Call of Cthulhu Investigator Handbook - $44.95
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Bundle - $99.93 $84.94
- Harlem Unbound - $44.99
- The Lightless Beacon - FREE
- Dead Light and Other Dark Turns - $14.99
- Gateways to Terror - $19.99
- Mansions of Madness Vol 1: Behind Closed Doors - $42.99
- Malleus Monstrorum Cthulhu Mythos Bestiary - $59.99
- Reign of Terror - $34.99
- Nameless Horrors 2nd Edition - $43.15
For useful tips and advice about playing Call of Cthulhu and other Chaosium games online, see our helpful Getting Started with Online Gaming guide