Away from your gaming group and looking for some fun? Try out our solo Call of Cthulhu adventures!
Our solo adventure Alone Against the Flames is a free download, and teaches you the rules of Call of Cthulhu as you play through it. Just don't sit too close to the fire...
Our latest solo adventure is Alone Against the Tide. Solo Call of Cthulhu scenarios are also great for playing with a friend or partner who is new to roleplaying. Read the story aloud, make choices, roll dice, & explore the story together!
Our other Solo Scenarios come as softcovers, with the PDF free. You'll get the PDF as a download straight away – no need to wait for the post, you can start playing immediately!
We also have Does Love Forgive? This is a collection of one-on-one Call of Cthulhu adventures, for one Keeper and one Player. Perfect if you're currently in lockdown or socially isolating with a friend or loved one.
These adventures require either the Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules (download for free here) or the Keeper Rulebook, or the rules from the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set.
What the critics say about our Solo Adventures
- "Just settle in a comfy chair with some lucky dice, open the book, and follow the instructions. It dumps you right into the story and teaches you the game as you go..."—Black Gate review of Alone Against the Flames.
- "...I can easily see where [Alone Against The Flames] could teach someone new to CoC the basics of the stats, skills and the die roll. This is fantastic to anyone looking to play in the crazy world of Lovecraft and wanting to learn the game mechanics."—The RPG Brewer review of Alone Against the Flames.
- "…a high-octane, globe-spanning adventure that promotes its relentlessness from the get go… a demanding, entertaining adventure, made even more desirable by its extremely low price."— RPG.net review of Alone Against the Dark.
- "If you have a free night to yourself and want to fill it with interesting horror and trauma, this will make the night worthwhile."—One Shot TPK review of Alone Against the Frost.
- "STYLE 5, SUBSTANCE 5. Alone Against the Frost is the best solo adventure new Chaosium has published up to now"—RPG.net review of Alone Against the Frost.
- "A very welcome addition to the way in which Call of Cthulhu can be played and hopefully the format will be supported with further scenarios, if not a campaign!"—Reviews from R'lyeh review of Does Love Forgive.
- "Both scenarios in Does Love Forgive? revolve around deep relationships and emotions (ye gods, what would Lovecraft think?) which don’t usually involve themselves in Call of Cthulhu games often, much less as a focal point. This is not meant as a discouragement to play them in the least. Give this collection a shot. I think they provide a different, entertaining, and very rewarding change from focusing on not getting tentacled to death."—Never Read the Latin review of Does Love Forgive.