Release [Chaosium] The Red Book of Magic, the ultimate guide to magic in RuneQuest

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher

Dive into the ultimate guide to magic for RuneQuest!

The Red Book of Magic is the ultimate guide to Rune and Spirit Magic! The Red Book of Magic contains all spells known to Gloranthan Cults and shamans, making it an essential expansion for RuneQuest players and Gamemasters.

The Red Book of Magic contains:
  • Over 500 Rune spells, Rune rituals, and spirit magic spells.
  • Use for ritual practice, and additional methods to increase spellcasting success.
  • Rules for Gamemasters to create their own Rune spells.
  • Rules for Rune metals, healing plants, and illusions.
  • Monster and beast entries for creatures such as giant loons, manlings, and Luxites to pit against your adventurers and foes alike.
  • The esoteric secrets of Hepherones’ Statement of Magic

The Red Book of Magic is the definitive reference for Rune and spirit magic. The spells in this book include refinements, corrections, and expansions from those presented in previous RuneQuest supplements.

RBoM art.png

pdf-cover-2inch-grey.pngBuy now and get a coupon for the printed version later!
So you want to purchase the physical version, but really want to get your hands on so you don't have to wait. We have you covered! If you purchase a PDF we will send you a discount coupon just before the physical book goes on sale to offset the PDF purchase price you have already paid.

The Red Book of Magic - PDF

Goliath Coins

Owner of Goliath Coins
Publisher
I like the retro art style. Surprised to see Sandy Petersen as one of the writers. I thought he was doing his own stuff.

Bilharzia

Fish Priest
I like the retro art style. Surprised to see Sandy Petersen as one of the writers. I thought he was doing his own stuff.
They're listing the writers who have previously written for the system, not necessarily writing something new for this, Sandy Petersen has written for RQ & Glorantha for 40 years. Greg Stafford passed away a couple of years ago.

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
Although he now has his own game company, Sandy is still a shareholder and creative consultant for Chaosium. We've published several works by Sandy in recent years including Petersen's Abominations, and have other collaborations in the works.

The Red Book of Magic features over 500 spells for RuneQuest, some of which go back to the original edition of the game (1978). Sandy wrote a lot of them, particularly for RuneQuest 3rd edition. The other credited co-authors (including myself) have all made contributions to the spells list over the years. For some this was recently; for others, this was a long time ago (such as Reid Hoffman, who BTW was twelve at the time). MOB - Chaosium Inc.

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
201639498_RBoMagicArt1.thumb.png.ee70e4aeb88eca6302d46bd7e0afde2b.png

The Red Book of Magic is now also available at DriveThruRPG.

Remove ads