Level Up (A5E) Character builder status?

I wish I had the MS Excel skills to reproduce for A5e the Forged Anvil Character Builder that WotC shut down in the months leading up to the release of D&D Beyond. Forged Anvil is the absolute best character builder I have ever used.

VenerableBede

Adventurer
Is there any sort of timeline/update one when a "fully functional" character builder will be available? Or even just an update on how work and progress is going beyond there being a WIP for 1st-level characters?
Quote from below:
"The CB is not something we've started work on yet. It will be a long (months) project, which we can start planning now we know we can afford to do it. The 'planning' part of that statement is important -- we are only in the planning stages. We will run a survey to find out what it is you want out of a character builder.
The CB will be free."

The character builder (coupled with the opened-to-everyone tools site) is the number one thing I need I introduce my friends to A5e and get them started, as well as make it convenient for us all to play together given that most of us live across the country and sharing materials is difficult. (I could share copies of the PDF, but since they didn't pay for it I feel weird about that. I get the "it's like sharing your physical books" argument, but physical books can't be infinitely, freely, duplicated like PDFs can.)

As mentioned, it's a huge project, so if it's taking a lot longer than the "months" predicted (it's been nearly a year)—if the coding isn't even started yet—that's fine, but I think there are a lot of community members that want to know, would rather not be in the dark.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 8.49.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 8.49.06 AM.png
    413.4 KB · Views: 51

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Is there any sort of timeline/update one when a "fully functional" character builder will be available? Or even just an update on how work and progress is going beyond there being a WIP for 1st-level characters?
Quote from below:
"The CB is not something we've started work on yet. It will be a long (months) project, which we can start planning now we know we can afford to do it. The 'planning' part of that statement is important -- we are only in the planning stages. We will run a survey to find out what it is you want out of a character builder.
The CB will be free."

The character builder (coupled with the opened-to-everyone tools site) is the number one thing I need I introduce my friends to A5e and get them started, as well as make it convenient for us all to play together given that most of us live across the country and sharing materials is difficult. (I could share copies of the PDF, but since they didn't pay for it I feel weird about that. I get the "it's like sharing your physical books" argument, but physical books can't be infinitely, freely, duplicated like PDFs can.)

As mentioned, it's a huge project, so if it's taking a lot longer than the "months" predicted (it's been nearly a year)—if the coding isn't even started yet—that's fine, but I think there are a lot of community members that want to know, would rather not be in the dark.

I ran through the character builder to quickly fling together a test & it seemed pretty simple for starting out

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm working on it, but I don't have a timeline, no. So far I've got it to make 1st level characters. Levelling up will be pretty complicated.

Remove ads