• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

a5e.tools Character Builder?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm confused. Are you saying the stretch goal was irrelevant? It didn't matter that we all bought more books, and pleaded on Facebook, to reach that stretch goal of a character builder?

You are onto your next Kickstarter, right? Does it have stretch goals that don't matter if we reach them too?
Umm. No. I said the precise number was 'largely irrelevant' for the purposes of this conversation -- a 50K stretch goal doesn't directly correlate to a 50K budget. It was a mathematical observation, not a policy announcement. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I understand the math is not 50k. It might only be 10k. If you promise something with a stretch goal, the assumption is that the profit can cover it. And that you can deliver it in a reasonable timeframe. If you made a mistake and can no longer deliver on the promise, just update everyone with the truth of the situation. Setting expectations is important. Especially if you want to keep selling Kickstarter's.
Again, nobody has said anything of the sort. All I said was that the the budget derived from a stretch goal is not equal to the value of the stretch goal. With respect, the rest is all your words.

Last edited:

Novak

Explorer
Well most of the extra 50K is spent printing and shipping an extra 50K of books to an extra 50K worth of Kickstarter backers. Stretch goals aren’t profit and the number is largely irrelevant — it’s the margins which matter. :)

In other news, we should have something to announce soon, but until certain things happen I can’t say what, exactly. So you’ll have to bear with secrecy for a bit longer! Sorry!

My original response (which this replaces) was made before I saw the announcement in another thread.
Annoyed with myself that I missed the announcement, but glad to see there is progress.

Last edited:

Remove ads