Character Recommendations: CG Bard -> LE ???

Bubbledragon

First Post
Well, my Bard had an unfortunate encounter with a Deck of Many things, and drew both the 'swap alignments' and the 'imprisonment' cards. So, after going to Lawful Evil, hes whisked away to a yet unknown location.

Now, the DM attests that he'll be rescued or released right soon. Since I'm now Lawful, I can't advance in Bard anymore. Here's a basic layout of him. He WAS headed to the Pimp PrC from the Netbook of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (swap Sexual Ability to Perform), but unsure if I want to continue now.

Anyways:

Bard3, Lawful Evil
Str 12
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 14
Cha 18

Skills: Appraise +8, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +14, Escape Artist +8, Gather Information +10, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Local) +6, Sense Motive +8

Feats: Weapon Finesse (Unarmed), Improved Unarmed Strike, Brew Potion

He has enough experience to move to level 4. Now... what? :) I need suggestions. Sorcerer seems appropriate, but wondering what other neat ideas people can come up with. I'd like to keep to the base books, but if you have a suggestion that'd be great, name the book its from too. With him imprisoned, probably by an Outsider, something like an Infernalist would work. :)

So much for being the only good person in the party.

Bubbles

Bubbledragon

First Post
Its bad to post to your own, I know, but I decided tentatively with Monte Cook's Ranger as the new class.

Favored Enemy: Human. His time encapsulated in his prison made him grow extremely bitter and jaded to his own race, biding his time and deciding how he'd pay people back. When sprung, we'll see how, he'd be that.

Extra Feats: Track, Weapon Focus: Scythe.

Extra skills (9): Use Rope 4 (+7), Wilderness Lore 5 (+7)

Depending on how he's rescued and all, his partymates may think twice about trying to screw him again... >:)

Anyone have any other suggestions? I can build the template and see how it'd work.

Bubbles

gamecat

Explorer
while we are on the topic of screwed up bards, how about a drow bard? The charisma bonus makes it!

(and can you imagine the fun of being a drow pimp? "Hey baby, I'm black. What does that mean? *suggestively spreading hands*) :D

(ps: no offense, being over-endowed with trouser luggage is a GOOD thing)

Last edited:

Gromm

First Post
You could always look for a priest to cast atonement for you to get your alignment back. But if you want to play it theres a world of options (though I'd still try to at least head towards neutral evil so you didnt waste the levels).

Remove ads