• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Charke Publishing] Chronomancer: Time Travel For Everyone

Charke

Explorer
[IMAGER]http://www.charke.ca/Chronomancer/EgyptianLady4x5.jpg[/IMAGER]
Chronomancer: Time Travel for Everyone
Halloween 2008

Coming this Halloween, Time Travel for Everyone. 330 pages of solutions, theory, classes, prestige classes and over 100 new chronomancy spells. There is over a dozens forms of time and ways to time travel. Every class can find some way to participate ranging from the Ancient Barbarian to the Epic Chronomancer Sorcerer. Old characters can make use of much of this material or you can jump headlong into a time travelling campaign with 29 new classes and prestige classes. In production for 7 years, playtested for 6 straight months, Chronomancer is an Opus to time travel. This book is full color, with over 100 illustrations.

Though this is the first d20 book I wrote, it will be my 35th publication and the one I've spent the most time and effort on. Obssessed with time travel I decided it would be an excellent topic for my first "intended for publication" book. I wrote most of it backpacking in Australia. My room was robbed on Christmas Eve down under. I lost everything but my laptop which came home with me.

A long time in the coming, I went back to school to learn more about art and layout and even became a publisher in the meantime. The Le Games gave me the okay to abort releasing the book under their name and make it, instead, the 2nd release for Charke Publishing.

Here is a quick overview of the book.

Introduction
Chapter 1: Classes
Chapter 2: Prestige Classes
Chapter 3: Skills
Chapter 4: Feats
Chapter 5: Time[IMAGER]http://www.charke.ca/Chronomancer/QuizariProbe.jpg[/IMAGER]
Chapter 6: Troubled Time
Chapter 7: The Temporal Horizon
Chapter 8: Gaffer's Chaos
Chapter 9: Equipment
Chapter 10: Temporal Combat
Chapter 11: Campaign Settings
Chapter 12: Spells
Chapter 13: Magic Items
Chapter 14: Monsters
Chapter 15: Epic Time Travel
Appendix

Coming Soon from Charke Publishing (Charke Publishing Home Page).
Chronomancer splash page

Mark Charke

Last edited:

Charke

Explorer
[IMAGER]http://www.charke.ca/Chronomancer/Swordstrike5x3.jpg[/IMAGER]

Time travel has always had one overiding theme - time travel is bad. In every movie, in every story, the time traveller is punished for his occupation. The greatest science fiction shows on television invariably conclude their temporal adventure with "now I've got a headache because of all these paradoxes."

The story ends when the time stream is just barely set "right" again. The main characters kiss and hope they never have to mess with time ever again.

I defy you to find a good movie which doesn't end with a white picket fence and time travel quietly swept under the rug!

Mark Charke

Last edited:

Charke

Explorer
[IMAGER]http://www.charke.ca/Chronomancer/PsychodeliFullPage.jpg[/IMAGER]

Each chapter in Chronomancer: Time Travel for Everyone represents a different era in history, starting with the distant future and working it's way back to the dawn of time - the big bang. The chapter on prestige classes happens to fall into the psychodelic 70's.

Mark Charke

Last edited:

Charke

Explorer
Phase%20Spider.jpg

Chronomancer will be available this Halloween!

Creeping Death

First Post
This looks cool. I love time travel in D&D. I have TSR's Chronomancer book and I have Mongoose's Chronomancy book. I like how chronomancy was handled in both books. I can't wait to pick this one up.

Charke

Explorer
Thank you for your kind opinion!

I've read the 2nd Edition Chronomancer and I even had the good fortune to meet the author Loren Coleman who works for Catalyst Games (Battletech, Shadowrun, Cthulutech) this year at GenCon. I loved the book so much, I wrote my own, starting way back in 2001.

I have also read Mongoose Publishing's Chronomancy: The Power of Time. I like the book because it made a very solid present-only chronomancer. I was frustrated that there wasn't actual time travel but in only 60 pages it's hard to also solve the resulting problems inherent to time travel.

Perhaps the best d20 chronomancy book in circulation is Brett Boyd's Temporality. It's 158 pages, the longest of all these books. It's got more material and delves into a few temporal issues, offers up new spells and feats and prestige classes.

At 330 pages, I'm hoping that Chronomancer: Time Travel for Everyone will top them with about as much material as you can find in the 3.5 Player's Handbook.

Mark Charke

Creeping Death

First Post
Never heard of Temporality. When I searched for it on RPGNow, I also came across Blood and Time which also looks interesting. I'll be picking both of these up, along with your suppliment as well.

Charke

Explorer
Blood and Time is a d20 Modern product but there is no reason that should stop you. It has a good selection of weapons and a few odd feats/prestige classes. It talks about time travel but there is no way to time travel in the book. Most of the book pages 41-81 of 81 pages, is a year by year overview of earth history in point form. I couldn't find a dictionary reference but I assume the material is from another source. I did a review on the book back when I was an RPGnow staff reviewer.

Incidently the old print Signs and Portents issue #20, from Mongoose Publishing, has an article called Then and Now, which is based directly off of Chronomaner: Time Travel for Everyone.

Mark Charke

Remove ads