• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chat - floodbots?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hm. Tried to wander to the chat, and I get messages like:

Closing Link: ENGuest[stuff@otherstuff.ne.client2.attbi.com] (K-lined: floodbots)

From the java chat,and similar messages from mIRC. What's this all mean?

Kalanyr

Explorer
I can answer this one. This morning there was a rush of floodbots (bots trying to fill the channel with gibberish) in #dnd3e. They were spamming the channel trying to crash the server. To stop them the IRC ops klined (banned from the server) the ISPs the bots were coming from. attbi.com was one of ther servers they were coming from. The kline on Attbi has now been removed, as have the klines on the other major providers that were blocked. You shouldn't have any problems now.

Our apologies for any problems this caused.

Edit - To explain terms that I wouldn't have know 6 months ago. Explanations are in brackets.

And in case I've totally misunderstood what you mean:

-----------Nick you are using
--------------\/
Closing Link: ENGuest[stuff@otherstuff.ne.client2.attbi.com] (K-lined: floodbots)
^
Means your connection is being closed

The stuff in the [] is your hostmask, it has your ident, which identifies you to the server (stuff) and the information following the @ says which Internet Service Provider (ISP) you are using. The bit in () explains why your connection closed because its been klined because floodbots were coming from it.

If I've failed to explain let me know.

Thanks
Kalanyr

Edit 2 - Because WYSIWIG isn't.

Last edited:

Remove ads