Chicago Gameday 36 Event Planning

buzz

Adventurer
[h1]Gameday 36 Planning Thread[/h1]

This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday 36.
Gameday 36 is being held on October 19th, 2013, at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.

What is Chicago Gameday?

[h2]How to Submit an Event[/h2]
If you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.

[h3]1. Post your event description in this thread[/h3]
Your event description must include the following:
  • [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: e.g., "D&D 4e";
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
  • [highlight]An image[/highlight]: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight]: If you need a specific table or want to reserve the private room, say so in your post below. However, please be aware that table assignments may be adjusted depending on the size of your event.
[h3]2. Make sure I have a way of contacting you[/h3]
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.
[h3]3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.[/h3]

[h2]How to Be a Great Gameday GM[/h2]
[highlight]You should create a safe, friendly space for your event.[/highlight]
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.

[highlight]You should be aware of how long your event lasts.[/highlight]
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend some time shopping before the start of afternoon event slot. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.

[highlight]You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event[/highlight]
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible, and I will remove it from the schedule.

[h2]Gameday 36 Proposed Event Lineup[/h2]

Morning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
  1. Fate Accelerated, Pbartender
  2. The Laundry, WJMacGuffin (private room requested)
  3. Primitive, Nev the Deranged
  4. Trouble for Hire, Nathan Paoletta
  5. Edge of the Empire, PhilK
  6. Monsterhearts (Long Orbit), JoeBeason
  7. Marvel Heroic, Vyvyan Basterd
  8. Dawn Patrol, Isawa Hochiu

Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
  1. Dread, Reidzilla (private room)
  2. Eternal Contenders, DainXB
  3. Lady Blackbird, Sailorkitsune2004
  4. Supernatural, Ninjacat
  5. Savage Worlds, Fairman Rogers
  6. Dead of Night, buzz
  7. Torchbearer, willowx
  8. Dawn Patrol, Isawa Hochiu

[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here at that time.[/highlight]

Last edited:

DainXB

First Post
Greetings!
I'd like to reserve an afternoon slot to facilitate Eternal Contenders.

• Time:afternoon (3:30 p.m.)
  • Game system: Eternal Contenders
  • Event Title: A taste of Blood, Steel, Pain, and Glory
  • Description:
    Take on the mantle of an ambitious gladiator or a deadly duelist - an eternal contender!

Prove your worth in the arena and fight your way out of the gutter.

Can you become a renowned champion? Can you escape to a better life?

Or will darkness and pain consume your world?

Based on the award-winning Contenders RPG, this GM-less game brings the spirit of fighting games like Soulcalibur to the tabletop. Torn between Hope and Pain, the contenders strive not just for victory, but to save their heart's desires. As the story unfolds these warriors’ dreams will be realized, or dashed!
  • <<cover image goes here>>
  • Content Rating: Adults Only
  • Number of Players: 4-6
  • Table Preference: Any

NOTE: Mark, the site won't let me post the image, or even a link to it. I don't have enough posts. :(

"I hope to make it this time but, if so, it will only be as a player.
smile.png
"

Do you remember how to get there?

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
By special request from last gameday...

• [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) slot
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: Fate Accelerated Edition
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: STAR WARS: Behind Enemy Lines
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: TBD
  • [highlight]An image[/highlight]: TBD
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: Kid-Friendly
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: 6
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight] None

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Hi Buzz, please sign me up to run this EDIT: complete game.

Time: AM slot

Game system: The Laundry

Event Title: Legacy Code

Description: This time, there's no emergency meeting, no midnight phone calls, and no panic. We all had the VOLUME TEACAKE meeting on our calendars for weeks, and now it's time. But as we sit in the meeting room, I find three facts very disturbing. One, HR sent a manager here--that usually means more paperwork. Two, I think I overheard talk of sending us to St. Hilda's--any trip to the Funny Farm is scary. But the worst? There's a distinct lack of both tea and cake in this room. Then what the hell does VOLUME TEACAKE mean?

The Laundry (based on the Laundryverse novels by Charles Stross) mixes Call of Cthulhu with modern technology and intelligence agencies to create a unique rpg that's part silly fun and part pants-wetting horror. The percentile-based skill system is very easy to pick up, and this game encourages thinking rather than running into a room guns drawn. (You can do that, but you'll probably get possessed by some creature that bullets don't hurt.) Plus, you'll have the latest in occult intelligence technology like the Necronomiphone, banishment rounds, and the virtual Tillinghast Resonator app! (If you're rated for it. And if you're budget has room for it. And if you sign forms saying you'll eat a live dhole before letting anything happen ... fine, just ignore the shiny tech, grab your charms, and let's go.)

An image: ku-medium.jpg

Content Rating: Rated R for violence, gore, potential cannibalism, and entropic beings who want to chew on your soul.

Number of Players: 6

Table preference: I wants me the private room for once!

Last edited:

I would like to reserve a pm slot for Lady Blackbird. Blurb forthcoming Five players max. Adults please. (Teens ok). Image forthcoming. The back corner table would be awesome.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
I guess I'll try this again...

PRIMITIVE: Legacy of the Thunder Island Tribe, Part III
As the third generation of heroes of the Thunder Island Tribe, can your band of proto-humans build on the successes and failures of your predecessors to secure the future of your people in a world of primordial peril? More to the point, can you do it without the benefit of language?

*This will the be third in a series of linked games played by different groups, so don't let the "Part III" scare you.
Caveman_1.jpg
8 Seats
No Experience Necessary
All Materials Provided

(AM slot)

buzz

Adventurer
Greetings!
I'd like to reserve an afternoon slot to facilitate Eternal Contenders.

NOTE: Mark, the site won't let me post the image, or even a link to it. I don't have enough posts. :(
Added to the roster!

Maybe try sending me the image or URL via G+ or email?

I'd like the RPG room in the afternoon if possible. TBD, but maybe an old TSR box set game like Indiana Jones or Conan or Buck Rogers.
Added to the roster!

By special request from last gameday...

• [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) slot
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: Fate Accelerated Edition
Added to the roster!

Hi Buzz, please sign me up this vague game

Table preference: I wants me the private room for once!
Added to the roster!

I would like to reserve a pm slot for Lady Blackbird. Blurb forthcoming Five players max. Adults please. (Teens ok). Image forthcoming. The back corner table would be awesome.
Added to the roster!

Remove ads