Chicago Gameday 36 Event Planning

willowx

First Post
Buzz, can you switch slots with me and Vyvann Bastard? He wants to run in the morning, which works just fine for me, since there's a few games in the morning that I'd like to play in.

So Marvel Heroic in the Morning, Torchbearer in the Evening.

Also, Torchbearer is like D&D.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Buzz, can you switch slots with me and Vyvann Bastard? He wants to run in the morning, which works just fine for me, since there's a few games in the morning that I'd like to play in.

So Marvel Heroic in the Morning, Torchbearer in the Evening.

Also, Torchbearer is like D&D.

Thanks Willow!

Pbartender

First Post
By special request from last gameday...

• [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) slot
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: Fate Accelerated Edition
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: STAR WARS: Behind Enemy Lines
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: TBD
  • [highlight]An image[/highlight]: TBD
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: Kid-Friendly
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: 6
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight] None

Updating...

• [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) slot
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: Fate Accelerated Edition
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: STAR WARS: Behind Enemy Lines
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: IT'S A TRAP! When the Republic destroyer Nyancat is ambushed by a Separatist task force, the crew must find a way to live to fight another day. Can a pair of rookie Jedi Knights and the veteran senior officers of the Nyancat's clone command crew escape certain death?
  • [highlight]An image[/highlight]: NegotiatorDestroyed-BFR.png
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: Kid-Friendly
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: 6
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight] One with a whiteboard, if available.

Last edited:

JoeBeason

First Post
I'm going to run Rahcel S. Walton's Long Orbit setting for Monsterhearts.

It’s the distant future. You are part of a modest crew aboard a freighter headed for a planet that’s being terraformed. You are awoken from stasis at the proper time, but a major storm on the planet’s surface makes landing much too dangerous. Your ship will be stuck in orbit for days. A minor inconvenience, except that you haven’t felt the same since waking up. You seem disquietingly capable of impossible things and you’re pretty sure your fellow crew members are too...

This is a setting (not rules) hack of Monsterhearts.

May include themes of isolation, body and psychological horror, romance, desperation, and survival.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Hmm...some family issues developing and my mother-in-law's dementia is getting worse. I think I would like to remove my Pathfinder event from the afternoon. I am hoping to still make it to Gameday, but probably need to back out of running an event.

Isawa Hochiu

First Post
Event: Dawn Patrol
Time slot: AM AND PM
Description: Dawn Patrol recreates the thrilling dogfights and air battles fought during World War 1. Each player pilots an airplane in a fiery test of his or her skill and nerve. There is a role-playing element, as players maintain records of their pilots' missions. Experienced pilots have some advantages over rookie pilots. These advantages grow as the pilot survives more missions and claims more kills. Become an Ace and rule the air!
genconbiggame1.jpeg
Content: Kid friendly.
Number of players: No limit set.
Table preference: The bigger the better.
Thanks Buzz for your help in wedging this in!

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Ha! Someone on Facebook just posted: "What are these games? No one is running D&D?!?!?"

IMHO, playing D&D at a con is like visiting Europe and eating at a McDonalds.

Sure, you can do that. I won't judge you. But ... c'mon, man! There's so many different options out there! Try some new cuisine instead of going with the safe, somewhat bland stuff you know! You can always grab a Big Mac when you're home, but for now, take a chance and explore what's out there. At worst, you'll better know your own tastes. At best, you'll discover a whole new world of experiences.

This message has been brought to you by a grumpy game designer who has spent too many gamedays running unusual rpgs with no one signing up for them. Also, I'm bitter.

Remove ads