Chicago Gameday - The Aftermath!!!!

MattyHelms

First Post
KnowTheToe said:
Thanks for the offer, but I usually brought one just in case someone needed one for their game. I am not running a game this round.

'S cool - I just thought you might've wanted as a security blanket or something :)

MattyHelms

First Post
thalmin said:
I just got confirmation that we will have ALL THREE 3.5 books here for preview at the gameday. Our courier will be arriving at 2:40 pm on saturday with the PHB, DMG, and MM.

Sweet. Thanks for letting us all look at these, thalmin!

MattyHelms

First Post
Re: 8/21 Gameday registration

KingIdiot said:
Hello,
I just find out about this Gameday thing today so sorry for the last minute registrations!
Add me and my friend (2 players) in for:
8am breakfast
SLOT 1
9am game- Game 3- D20 Modern (we'll take pregerated characters if available)
SLOT 2
4pm game- 3rd ed Old Embers Never Die
GM's can email us with any instructions on character creation and rules to their games.
later
Joe Kaminski
EMAIL- jbkaminski@msn.com
TEL-773-865-5184
and
Elliott Kozel
EMAIL- dependableresearch@ameritech.net
TEL-773-725-2552

Welcome aboard, Joe!

I've got you signed up for the breakfast and two games.

However, as per the second post in the thread, there is a "no signing up by proxy" rule for the Gamedays. It may seem kind of silly, but it has saved us in the past, so we're trying to stick with it. Would it be possible for your friend to register on the ENWorld boards and sign up himself (really a small price (free) for a free day of gaming :) )

Thanks and see you Saturday!
Matt

thalmin

Retired game store owner
About the 3.5 preview. At about 2:40 someone is bringing one copy of each of the three books. We will be able to view and preview these books, but the books will leave with the courier at about 6 or 7pm. We can look, touch, hold, read, drool (not ON the books please.) We will not, of course, be able to scan, photograph, videotape, photocopy, webcam, or otherwise reproduce these books. And Yes, we do have permission from WotC for this. :cool:

KnowTheToe

First Post
thalmin said:
About the 3.5 preview. At about 2:40 someone is bringing one copy of each of the three books. We will be able to view and preview these books, but the books will leave with the courier at about 6 or 7pm. We can look, touch, hold, read, drool (not ON the books please.) We will not, of course, be able to scan, photograph, videotape, photocopy, webcam, or otherwise reproduce these books. And Yes, we do have permission from WotC for this. :cool:

Does this mean no advance purchases:eek:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
It looks like we will not receive any of the books we can keep until about noon on July 18th. That is when UPS normally delivers to us.
We will take reservations, though.

KingIdiot...Welcome to the D20 Modern game. It's nice to have a couple more players.

I'm going to have to take a pass on Breakfast. Have to do a quick spot of work which is fine since the first train from the city doesn't get in until 9:10.

I'll grab some coffees and bagels.

My players! I need to see your characters ASAP! The only two tha were sent to me never got to my inbox. (Stupid hotmail....*grumble grumble*)

You know, those two are probably already on the way up here to chicago... i seem to recall they're coming from far away...and i know that KnowTheToe is moving so he's excused.... hmmm...i suppose this post is rather pointless now... erm...uh..yeah...

So yeah! Who's ready for that gameday!? :) :D Very much looking forward to lots of fun tomorrow, I'm just very upset to have to leave before Mark's game in the afternoon--steal lots of loot my fellow thieves!

ejja_1

First Post
It's like cristmas frickin eve.

Trev- Ill make sure to leave your calling card at all my heists!

Mark- I assume we will be getting our characters at the start of each game?

Matty matt boy- Sign me up fer breakfast, and can I get an address so I can mapit, havent been to little amerida yet.

everybody else- Cant wait to see you all.

Ejja_1 on too much caffiene and sugar,dancing in his cube making the boss and co workers nervous.

Painfully

First Post
For my Slot 2 "Old Embers" game, I'll have a small handful of pregenerated characters ready. There will be time to outfit characters with gear, magic items, and spells once we're all at the table.

Drop-in players are welcome.

In the event that your PC gets eaten by a dragon, a second course of back-up characters will be made available.

Remove ads