Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

What a useless thread...
But greatly entertaining!
:D

Spare the Dying, hmmm... dead or stable after 3 to 6 death saves, means you have to be there within 12 seconds. That will not happen often. But if - priceless.

Mage Hand, great.

I like Druidcraft, perfect 24 hour weather forecast? Cool.

Mending, I'd love to have that. In case it works for all kinds of complicated modern tech stuff.

But my final pick:
Prestidigitation
I have kids, I'm lazy concerning cleaning, have lots of laundry.
Always tasty food and cool or warm drinks, yeah!
Getting old...

The Human Target

Adventurer
I am a bit surprised nobody has chosen Thaumaturgy yet.

30' range, lasts for up to a minute, you create minor mircles at a whim. Booming voice, flickering flames which can change color, tremors in the ground, instant remote sounds, make doors and windows fly open or slam shut, completely alter your eyes (not just color but their entire appearance), and have three of these effects going at once. I mean, this is the "scare people into thinking you're an angel/demon walking the earth" cantrip :)

You'd be burned as a witch or captured by the government for vivisection in about 6 hours.

Satyrn

First Post
I am a bit surprised nobody has chosen Thaumaturgy yet.

30' range, lasts for up to a minute, you create minor mircles at a whim. Booming voice, flickering flames which can change color, tremors in the ground, instant remote sounds, make doors and windows fly open or slam shut, completely alter your eyes (not just color but their entire appearance), and have three of these effects going at once. I mean, this is the "scare people into thinking you're an angel/demon walking the earth" cantrip :)
Sure, but if I posed a demon, I got nothing to defend myself against the hordes of do-gooders looking to exorcise me with their assault rifles.

Maybe if I looked like The Rock or Taylor Swift people would think I'm an angel.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but prestidigitation can be used for magic tricks that absolutely astound people. The best magicians in Vegas make millions. Not only would my clothes and house be clean, but it would be a VERY big house. ;)

sim-h

Explorer
No joke, I am encouraged by how pacifist and helpful the ENWorld community is! If a little prone to deception and trickery, maybe...:cool:

Remove ads