[Harqual] Dominion of Cindermount

What Should Cauldron City's New Homebrewed Name be for Kulan?

• Adenaver

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cabonne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cinmount

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Knightscar

• Lastwall

• Navacia

• Silvergate

• Tanin

• Yrogan

• I've Suggested Something Else

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I've decided to move away from official D&D sources for Kulan, but I'm not going to excise every last detail I've already built into the Lands of Harqual. There is way too much to try to remove without significantly having to rewritten tons of material. Instead, I'm going to start with "filing off the serial numbers."

Since Cauldron has become a huge part of the setting, I'm going to start with renaming anything to do with the SCAP. First up is Cauldron City itself. I'm going to also rename other official locales such as Kingfisher Hollow, Redgorge, The Lucky Monkey, Shatterhorn, and The Demonskar.

The names listed in the poll were generated on the Fantasy Name Generators website, although Silvergate was something that came mind from two different generated "Fantasy Town Names."

You can vote for up to 3 choices.

Cheers!

Knightfall

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Alternative names for Redgorge: Aria, Camsir, Dryshade, Snakehollow, Ravenmond, Roalet, Roanshire, Westvein, and Yarrin.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Inner Lake city, Salt Lake :p, Boiling Pot, Lava Lake, Naples (Italy) :p, Kettleton, Condense (from condensation in a bowl, leaving water at the bottom)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Kettle-city in Dutch is Ketelstad.

Danish: Kedalby
Irish: Citealbaile (Kettletown)

EDIT: Hmm, Coirebaile (or Coirbaile)?

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I would vote against Ketelstad, but that is because Dutch is my native language and somehow seeing it pop up in an English fantasy setting creates a small error in my head. :) (It's a nice name, though, I just don't want it in my English game.)

I like Caldera. Cindermount, a variation of what's in your poll, has a nice ring to it and refers to the vulcano it's built into (if I remember correctly).

Remove ads