city maps

MythandLore

First Post
Leopold said:
i thought it was some form of concentric circle collapsing upon itself?
Yeah I don't know...
Orginally before reading everything I thought the city would have been section being a cirle around the next too, like they would be seperated by walls or something.
But from what I've read it seems much more complex.

The Rim seems to be an outer ring around everything.
The District of Swords sounds like between part of both the Rim and the District of Black Iron, but does not sound like a ring around the District of Black Iron.
The District of Black Iron seems like a ring around the other inner wards or it is the inner wards, I'm not sure.
The inner wards seem to sound like they are next to eachother not rings like the Rim or District of Black Iron.
The District of the Mechanum sounds like it is inside the District of the Faithful, the temple Mechanum and District of Mechanum sound like they are the same thing.
Then there is a tower, Shalum Stagh (the Spear of Vengeance), in the center of the whole city.
I donno, it sounds like this is how it could be.
Does anyone know?
Greyone wrote it right?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
The Burned Man said:
Well the original idea was a set of concentric circles collapsing upon itself...

...that would be the BASIC structure...

is this similar to the city that is in Return of the King. The gates are spearated and placed differently, the walls are thicker on the outside, etc.?

The Burned Man

First Post
Well it was not inspired by Tolkien.

Rather I had this image of a mountain top with a "crater" on it, and this crater contains a city...

That is the base concept...

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
The Burned Man said:
Well it was not inspired by Tolkien.

Rather I had this image of a mountain top with a "crater" on it, and this crater contains a city...

That is the base concept...

ok so take the top of a mountain, blast it off and you got the city. The city is inside the crater. Does the city go up out of the crater or does it remain level with the crater? Is the city higher than the lip of the crater or is it sunk downward?

Remove ads