City of Aboleths

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
The other content for today is already on the website and has been for about eight hours but I can't see the City of Aboleths article. This sometimes happens to me in Australia so I was hoping someone here already has the link for the article which is otherwise hiding from me.

(I've got my usual insomnia/my body clock is on Asian time tonight so want to work on my aboleth-centric campaign.)

Klaus

First Post
City of Aboleths and Ruling Skill Challenges aren't up yet. Magazine articles usually go live at noon PST, so I think they'll be up in about three hours.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I figured out the PDFs file name last night and downloaded the article. Its basically a short, delve-style adventure based one of the upcoming FR novels. From that perspective, I was a bit disappointed (I thought it would be a more lengthy write-up on the city itself), though there are some bits of lore; the best part were all the new aboleth stat blocks (ranging from level 16 minions, nasty pieces of work with overlapping auras, to a level 22 solo).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Yeah, I was hoping for a more fluffy article on aboleth cities, frankly. However, as a delve, with lots of great new aboleths, it's not bad. It's a good delve.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Thanks, Klaus. I wasn't sure about the timing.

As for the other comments, I have to agree. I was hoping for a few more ideas about laying out, and adventuring in, an aboleth city. Frankly I would have preferred that to more stat blocks. However, I do have the city of sleeping aboleths in Dungeon 144 so all is not lost for my aboleth-centric campaign.

That said, the egg chambers are an interesting idea. I'm sure I will incorporate those in my campaign at some point.

Frankly, I'm a bit too anti-Bruce Cordell at the moment to view his work objectively.

Remove ads