• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
the arrival of Pendrake Utherman

the tall lanky red headed youth looks about for The Red Dragon Inn, instantly recognizing it by the statue of the dragon in the courtyard. he streches his sholders to loosen up the tight cords developed by the heavy pack he carries.

walking up to the door he opens it, enters and closes it, then looks about. a quick wink from a barmaid gets a smile from him and he catches her teling him, "git yerself to the bar up there and declare your self!" she says, returning his smile. he strides up to the bar he nods to the bartender and turns to all and says, "good day all. i be called Pendrake son of Unter, i am a lookin for adventure or work."

(ooc: twist these words in your mind to sound nordic, if you please. )

turning to the dwarven bartender he says, "i've not a liken to the stuff called beer aron' here...instead i be likin the strong stuff, if ya pleasin."

while waiting for some stout ale he looks aboout and spots an empty table and hopes no one else takes it.

AndrewH.

First Post
Auggie enters the Red Dragon Inn for the first time.

Augustus, a young Human Man clad in scale mail and a dusty explorers outfit, enters the Red Dragon Sheepishly. He scans the room slowly and seems overwhelmed. He finds a seat in the corner, unslings his sword and shield. He looks as if he wants to order a drink but isn't sure whom to ask.

ooc: This is my first in game post, I'm new. Hi everyone.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Technically, this is just between games, not an in-game post. Also, @Scott--Joe the bartender isn't a dwarf (unless I've missed that over several years!) )

"Hey there," Aletheia greets the new arrival, with a welcoming smile on her ruby lips.

"My name's Aletheia. What's yours?" she inquires, adding, "Joe likes it if everyone here would introduce themselves."

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: ... Also, @Scott--Joe the bartender isn't a dwarf (unless I've missed that over several years!)

OOC: No reason he couldn't have a dwarf working for him. While he's usually at the bar himself, he can't spend his entire life in one spot. There's a gnome named Tiggle who occasionally showed up at the bar in the early days of LEW -- haven't seen from him in a long time, but it establishes that on rare occasions Joe's assistants do get a chance to mix the drinks.

AndrewH.

First Post
Augustus looks behind himself to make sure Aletheia isn't talking to someone else. He stares at her lips for moment longer than he should. His cheeks redden slightly, as he stands and bows at the waist.

"My name is Augustus Wraith, and it is my distinct pleasure to make your acquaintance"

ooc: When does the next quest start?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Who knows? It took me maybe three or four months to find my first game)

"Well, hello Augustus. Do your friends call you Augie? On behalf of all my friends here, welcome to the Red Dragon Inn! Come and pull up a chair, get a drink. I was just talking with my friend here, the lovely Cindria," she gestures to an extremely small woman with dark hair and a prominent scar who seems a bit plain aside Aletheia, who looks intensely beautiful when she is smiling, like now, her lustrous red hair spilling down and framing her face fetchingly, "We were talking about our dreams. What are your dreams, Augustus--or Augie, if I may? What leads you to a life of adventure?"

AndrewH.

First Post
Augustus moves to the offered chair and sits down. He seems a bit shy amongst the two ladies. He traces Aletheia’s facial features for several seconds with his eyes, losing himself momentarily among her red tresses.

“Augie is fine. It is what my friends call me.”

He orders ale and thanks the barkeep.

“My family lives on a farm some miles from here. My fathers farmed all his life, as did his father. On his deathbed he asked me ‘Augie, do you know what I regret about my life? Everything. Do not become a farmer. See the world. Live your life.’ With that he gave me a small pouch of gold he had been saving and then…passed. So here I am, attempting to see some action and live a life I will not regret on my deathbed.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A noble dream, and a good father you had--he knew that achieving your dreams is the most important thing in this world, no matter what it takes. If I know anything from the people I've seen here at this inn, it is that with just that small pouch of gold from your father and your burning desire to fulfill your dreams, you can surely achieve them," Aletheia smiles excitedly, "This place has seen great heroes, successful merchants, mighty wizards, and devout and wise men of wisdom. Imagine what your life will be like some day when you achieve everything that you could ever want. When you take your life into your own hands, the world may even seem to revolve around you, and in some ways, perhaps it does!"

AndrewH.

First Post
Augie makes some new friends

Augustus smiles.

“My lady you are surely as wise as you are lovely. I am excited to make a name for myself and possibly meet some interesting people along the way.”

He takes a long drink from his mug. Looks first at Cindria, then to Aletheia.

“It would appear I am half way there.”

He leans back in his chair and lets slip a sigh of contentment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads